Infinite Space tops quiet Japan software chart
Top ten shifts less than 175,000 units combined across the week
It was another quiet week last week in Japan's software sales chart, with the total number of units shifted by the top ten numbering fewer than 175,000, according to data from Media Create.
The number one title, Infinite Space - a new DS entry from SEGA - sold 38,000, a number which, during some weeks last year would have seen it struggle to make the top five.
Meanwhile the previous week's number one, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, dropped to second place with 28,000 unit sales while Sloane and MacHale's Mysterious Story took third place with 26,000.
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth was fourth, followed by Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Empires and Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (The Best), while the week's only other new entry, Play on Wii: Chibi-Robo, took seventh place selling just 11,000 copies.
Wii Fit, Evangelion: Jo and Arc Rise Fantasia completed the top ten list.
- 1. Infinite Space (SEGA): 38,000
- 2. Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Square Enix): 28,000
- 3. Sloane and MacHale's Mysterious Story (Level 5): 26,000
- 4. Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Capcom): 18,000
- 5. Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Empires (Koei): 14,000
- 6. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (The Best) (Capcom): 13,000
- 7. Play on Wii: Chibi-Robo (Nintendo): 11,000
- 8. Wii Fit (Nintendo): 10,000
- 9. Evangelion: Jo (Namco Bandai): 8000
- 10. Arc Rise Fantasia (Marvelous): 8000