3rd April '06
Following the successful launches of Zoo Keeper & Archer MacLean's Mercury, Ignition has secured the European rights to publish the PSP & DS versions of SEGA's highly addictive, Puyo Pop Fever.
SEGA has revamped its signature brainteaser with wacky new puzzle pieces and a combo-crazy Fever Mode.
Playing as Amitie, encounter many weird and wonderful characters as you progress through the games challenging, yet fun Story Mode.
Your goal, of course, is to match up Puyos of the same colour. Players will try to obliterate opponents by linking explosive combinations, and bombarding them with massive chain reaction combo attacks with Fever Mode.
"Puyo Pop Fever is perfectly suited to the PSP & DS," says Peter Rollinson, Product Manager, Ignition Entertainment. "The game oozes with addictive gameplay and has a style which will appeal to young and old alike."
- Puzzle pieces, featuring triple and quadruple sets and a giant Puyo, which adds a new spin to a classic puzzle game
- Jump right into the action or learn advanced techniques in the training mode.
- Fever Mode gives a new twist to completing combination
- Multiplayer Mode allows two players to play against one another in simultaneous action
- Stunning 3D graphics enhance the impact when completing massive combinations
- Introduces 13 new characters and a whole new story with voice-over
- Voice-over navigation to walk you through a Tutorial Mode (PSP Only)
- Exclusive DS features, such as Play up to 8 players with a single-Card download play and unique touch screen controls.
For further information please visit our website: www.ignitionent.com/puyo
Puyo Pop Fever will be released for PSP (PlayStation® Portable) and Nintendo DS in April 2006, with a suggested retail price of £29.99
<b>For more information, please contact:</b>
Peter Rollinson or Greg Baverstock, Ignition Entertainment
01992 70 39 70
<b>About IGNITION ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED</b>
Ignition Entertainment Limited is a privately owned software developer and publisher. Ignition was created by a core team of gaming industry veterans with the purpose of building upon their successful track record within the international games industry, and to bring a fresh new approach to both the development and distribution of original gaming product. You can find more information about IGNITION ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED at http://www.ignitionent.com
SEGA, SEGA logo and 'Puyo Pop Fever' are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA CORPORATION. ® SEGA Corporation, 2004. All rights reserved.
<b>About SEGA Europe</b>
SEGA Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe's web site is located at www.sega-europe.com.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "PSP" is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
® 2004 Nintendo. The Nintendo DS is a trademark of Nintendo.