Join iGames, the world's leading game center organization, for an exclusive four-month blow-out at 200 member centers across North America to celebrate the release of Battlefield 2: Special Forces, the latest expansion pack to Electronic Arts' blockbuster historical shooter.
The events kick off with a showcase, December 5-18, followed by a ladder competition, January 9-March 27. The ladder will include a preseason from December 19-January 2 in addition to 8 weeks of regular play and 4 weeks of finals.
WHY YOU SHOULD GO:
Battlefield 2: Special Forces takes the intensity and quality of Battlefield 2 behind the scenes of news headlines, showcasing the most elite and deadly forces in the modern military world. Using accurate Special Forces weapons, gadgets, and vehicles, these covert armies battle to control key military and strategic locations.
- 6 new forces - Navy Seals, British SAS, Russian Spetznas, MEC Special Forces, Rebel groups and Insurgents, each with their own unique arsenal and tactics
- 8 new maps - strategic locations featuring expanded indoor play
- 10 new vehicles, including the Desert Raider, Combat ATV, and Apache Longbow
- Special Forces weapons and gadgets including zip line, grappling hook, tear gas, and flash bang grenades
- Dynamic Lighting and Low Light Vision bring stealth and tactics to the battlefield, allowing players to hide in the dark or spot enemies with night vision goggles
- Generalized Triggering System used to control key elements of the environment
- Online multiplayer action with 64 players on the PC
- Join a squad or select Commander Mode with the new night vision filter to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.
- Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players can attain additional ranks and unlock new awards
- Full in-game community support
- Voice-over IP supported with USB headset
- What more? Well, here it is. Gamers with the best skills will receive special prizes from Intel and NVIDIA/EVGA, and there will be t-shirts and other surprises for all comers.
More info on the game: http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/specialforces/us/home.jsp
SIGN ME UP:
The Battlefield 2: Special Forces celebration will be held at 200 iGames member centers across North America, with more locations being added every day. For more information on this and other iGames events, including sign-up details, visit www.igames.org or contact the iGames events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iGames, Inc. offers a wide range of services to help independent and franchised game centers. iGames' mission is to promote and develop the growth of the game center industry. Its services unite game centers with the goal of establishing them as the driving force enabling the interactive entertainment industry to become the number one form of entertainment around the world. iGames has established strong relationships with industry leaders to provide a wide variety of products, services and programs to member game centers and gamers including software licensing, hardware discounts, exclusive game premiers, tournaments, and leagues. Today the company counts over 600 centers and 45,000 gamers, initiating and co-organizing more than 200 events a year. To learn more about iGames, go to www.igames.org.