Turn-based iOS strategy game now available via the Chrome Web Store too.
LAS VEGAS, NV – December 21, 2010 – Jet Set Games™ today announced that Highborn™, the critically and commercially successful turn-based strategy game, is now available in Google’s Chrome Web Store for an introductory price of $2.99.
Highborn, previously only available for Apple iOS, is now live on the Chrome Web Store at http://bit.ly/dX6iLf. It features the same great turn-based strategy gameplay found in Highborn for iOS, but can now also be played in the Chrome web browser.
Players can try Highborn for free before purchasing -- the tutorial and the first two full missions of the game are included in the trial version. In addition, trial users can play on any of the game’s multiplayer maps, provided they have been invited to a match by a player with the full-priced version of Highborn for Chrome.
“We’ve had a lot of requests by our fans to bring Highborn to other platforms, and we felt that the Chrome Web Store was the perfect place to expand the franchise, as it allows players to experience the game no matter if they are Mac or PC,” said Rade Stojsavljevic, president of Jet Set Games. “The Chrome Web Store gives us a place to launch full-featured, browser-based games that we wouldn’t otherwise be able to for such a broad audience.”
In addition to launching Highborn for Chrome, Jet Set Games has lowered the price of the iOS versions of the game for the holidays. Through Sunday, January 2nd, 2011, Highborn for the iPhone and iPod Touch will be reduced to $.99, and Highborn HD for the iPad will be reduced to $2.99.
In Highborn, players are treated to two strategy games that combine to offer an intelligent, tactical experience without the frenetic play of a traditional RTS. Players move forces around an overhead map to secure spells and combat support, then dive into 3D combat to deploy those advantages against an unsuspecting enemy. All the fun and fighting is set against an irreverent tale, filled with wacky heroes, witty dialogue and wild assumptions.
· A Light Touch – Highborn is a casual strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
· Time for a New Strategy – Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
· Multiplay at Your Pace – Turn-based gaming enables players to think, then act, in round-based play, and have multiple games going at once,
· Many Styles of Play – Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
· Highborn on the Chrome Web Store: http://bit.ly/dX6iLf
· Highborn on iTunes:
· Highborn Lite for iPhone and iPod Touch: http://itunes.com/app/HighbornLite
· Highborn HD Lite for iPad: http://itunes.com/app/HighbornHDLite
· Highborn for iPhone and iPod Touch http://itunes.com/app/Highborn
· Highborn HD for iPad http://itunes.com/app/HighbornHD
· Product website: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn
· Facebook Page: http://www.Facebook.com/JetSetGames
· Twitter Feed: http://www.Twitter.com/JetSetGames
· Flickr Assets: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
· YouTube Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/JetSetGames
· Delicious Feed of Background Information: http://delicious.com/jetsetgames
About Jet Set Games, Inc.
Jet Set Games™, Inc. was founded in 2008 by creators of the original Command & Conquer games, and is based out of Las Vegas, NV. The company develops products for mobile devices and console platforms with a focus on elegant design and simple control, including the critically and commercially successful turn-based strategy game, Highborn, available for Apple’s iOS and Google’s Chrome web browser, and the upcoming action/puzzler Conspiracy for PlayStation®Home. More information on the company and products can be found at JetSetGames.net.
Jet Set Games and Highborn are trademarks or registered trademarks of Jet Set Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.