FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LAS VEGAS, NV – October 14, 2010 – Jet Set Games™ today announced the immediate availability of Highborn™ Lite, and Highborn HD Lite, free versions of the critically and commercially successful turn-based strategy game for Apple’s mobile devices.
Highborn Lite is now available for free for the iPhone and iPod Touch on the iTunes App Store at http://itunes.com/app/HighbornLite, and Highborn HD Lite for the iPad at http://itunes.com/app/HighbornHDLite. Both Lite versions feature a new tutorial mission and the first two levels of the full-priced games. In addition, Lite users can play on any of the game’s multiplayer maps via OpenFeint, provided they have been invited to a match by a player with the full-priced version of Highborn or Highborn HD.
“We’ve been thrilled with the number of people who have purchased Highborn and given us outstanding reviews and feedback,” said Rade Stojsavljevic, president of Jet Set Games. “But we know there are still people out there who have held off on buying it. We hope the release of Highborn Lite will encourage players to check out the game, see how much fun it really is, and then purchase the full version.”
In addition to the release of Highborn Lite and Highborn HD Lite, Jet Set Games has also released updates to the full-priced versions of both games. The Highborn 1.1.1 and Highborn HD 1.1.2 updates are now available for download through iTunes and include the following enhancements:
· The addition of the tutorial mission included in Highborn Lite and Highborn HD Lite.
· Addressed a loading crash some users experienced when playing the game on older iPhone or iPod Touch models running iOS4.
· Various bug fixes.
In Highborn, players are treated to two strategy games that combine to offer an intelligent, tactical experience without the frenetic play of a traditional RTS. Players move forces around an overhead map to secure spells and combat support, then dive into 3D combat to deploy those advantages against an unsuspecting enemy. All the fun and fighting is set against an irreverent tale, filled with wacky heroes, witty dialogue and wild assumptions.
Highborn is available for the iPhone and iPod Touch for $.99, and Highborn HD is available for the iPad for $2.99. Jet Set Games is currently working on Highborn Chapter 2 for both the iPhone and iPad, and plans to release the new content via an in-app purchase this fall.
· A Light Touch – Highborn is a casual mobile strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
· Time for a New Strategy – Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
· Multiplay at Your Pace – Turn-based gaming enables players to think, then act, in round-based play via OpenFeint’s 30-million-person community. Players can have multiple games going at once, and can trash-talk their opponents in player-to-player chat.
· Many Styles of Play – Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
· Achieve Greatness – More than 20 single- and multiplayer achievements to unlock, including judicious use of turns, using units as bait, and making it through an entire mission without capturing support structures.
· iTunes Links:
· Highborn Lite for iPhone and iPod Touch: http://itunes.com/app/HighbornLite
· Highborn HD Lite for iPad: http://itunes.com/app/HighbornHDLite
· Highborn for iPhone and iPod Touch http://itunes.com/app/Highborn
· Highborn HD for iPad http://itunes.com/app/HighbornHD
· Product Website: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn
· Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
· Delicious: http://delicious.com/jetsetgames
· Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/JetSetGames
· Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/JetSetGames
· YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/JetSetGames
About Jet Set Games, Inc.
Jet Set Games™, Inc. is led by the creators of the original Command & Conquer games, and develops products for mobile devices and console platforms with a focus on elegant design and simple control. Jet Set Games was founded in 2008 by video game industry veterans and is based in Las Vegas, NV.
Jet Set Games and Highborn are trademarks or registered trademarks of Jet Set Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.