Hideo Kojima, who was among GamesIndustry.biz's 2015 People of the Year, is the latest industry figure to be inducted into the The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Hall Of Fame.
The award will be presented by Kojima's Silent Hills collaborator Guillermo del Toro at the DICE Awards in February.
"Hideo Kojima's career-defining works have shaped much of how the video game industry approaches cinematic storytelling and player engagement," said Martin Rae, AIAS president.
"As one of the most well-loved and well-respected designers of our time, it is a great honor for the Academy to induct him into our Hall of Fame. Hideo is a game creator whose eyes have always looked towards the future, and we look forward to his thoughts on the D.I.C.E. Summit stage."
A complete list of previous entries to the very manly Hall Of Fame is below.
- 2014 Leslie Benzies, President, Rockstar North
- 2014 Dan Houser, Co-founder and Vice President of Creative, Rockstar Games
- 2014 Sam Houser, Co-founder and President, Rockstar Games
- 2013 Gabe Newell, President and Co-Founder, Valve Corporation
- 2012 Tim Sweeney, CEO and Technical Director, Epic Games, Inc.
- 2011 Dr. Greg Zeschuk, Co-Founder, Bioware
- 2011 Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder, Bioware
- 2010 Mark Cerny, President, Cerny Games
- 2009 Bruce Shelley, Game Designer, Ensemble Studios
- 2008 Michael Morhaime, President & Co-Founder, Blizzard Entertainment
- 2007 Dani Bunten, Game Designer and Programmer
- 2006 Richard Garriott, NCsoft North America
- 2005 Trip Hawkins, Digital Chocolate
- 2004 Peter Molyneux, Lionhead Studios
- 2003 Yu Suzuki, SEGA Corporation
- 2002 Will Wright, Maxis
- 2001 John Carmack, id Software
- 2000 Hironobu Sakaguchi, Square USA, Inc.
- 1999 Sid Meier, Firaxis Games
- 1998 Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo Co., Ltd. - Kyoto, Japan
DICE 2016 will take place February 16-18 in Las Vegas. GamesIndustry.biz will be in attendance to bring you full coverage.