“Halo Wars,” the best selling real-time strategy game on any current generation console, mixes up the battlefield like never before with the “Strategic Options” Game Add-on Pack, available in the coming weeks exclusively on Xbox 360.
“Strategic Options” ushers in the next wave of battle for “Halo Wars” fans with three new game modes which dramatically change the multiplayer experience and challenge players to rethink their battle tactics. The three new modes include:
• Keepaway Mode is the “Halo Wars” adaptation of Capture the Flag. Teams will battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. Capture three sentinels to claim victory.
• Tug of War Mode is all about having a stronger army than the opponent. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings and resources left standing in the end.
• In Reinforcement Mode, all active battle units are provided in successive waves. Players must adapt their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy.
“Strategic Options” also adds four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points:
• “One and Done” (30 points): Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.’s
• “Pull Hard, Pull Deep” (20 points): Win and never trail in a Tug of War game
• “Freak on a Streak” (20 points): Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game
• “Living Loving Bug” (30 points): Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game
More information on “Strategic Options” including release date and pricing will be available soon. “Halo Wars” is rated T for Teen by the ESRB and 16+ PEGI and is available worldwide. A demo is also available on Xbox LIVE in all LIVE enabled regions worldwide. For more information including screenshots from the “Strategic Options” Add-on, visit Xbox.com/Halo or HaloWars.com.
For more information, press only:
Nik Thakkar / 020 3047 4087 / email@example.com
Georgina Edwards / 020 3047 4057 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a superior video game and entertainment system delivering the best games, unique entertainment features and a unified online gaming network that revolve around gamers. Xbox 360 has a portfolio of more than 300 games in nearly 40 countries. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/xbox360.
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE connects more than 17 million members across 26 countries to each other and the entertainment they love. Home of more entertainment from one remote than can be found from any device connected to the television, Xbox LIVE is also a unified online social network bringing friends together, no matter where they are — in the living room or across the world. More information and Xbox LIVE membership can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.