10th January 2007 - Paris, France: Today, GOA will announce the details for the European release of the seventh expansion of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Dark Age of Camelot: Labyrinth of the Minotaur. The expansion will be available on the 14th of February 2007, and will celebrate the fifth anniversary of the famous EA Mythic and GOA MMORPG in Europe.
"This expansion is a great way to celebrate the fifth anniversary of Dark Age of Camelot", says Producer Walt Yarbrough proudly. "Labyrinth of the Minotaur is rich with new content and adds exciting new features to the game that will challenge players. If you haven't done so already, now is the time to lose yourself in Dark Age of Camelot!"
About Dark Age of Camelot
DAoC is the first MMORPG to be fully localised in five languages. It offers Realm vs Realm game play, an extremely advanced PvP (Player vs Player) system, a fully mature and realistic style of play that distinguishes it from other MMORPGs. Large-scale battles, war machines and the destruction of buildings have been part of this world full of legends and European myths for five years. DAoC now offers more than one thousand quests as well as 18 races and 44 classes. The GOA team creates and organizes new in-game events to enhance the experience for players.
About the expansion: Labyrinth of the Minotaur
The ancient race of the Minotaur, half-men, half-bull, are descended from a powerful fallen empire. Now they are back to seek the items that caused the end of their civilisation: their Relics. The Minotaur ask the Kings of Albion, Hibernia and Midgard to help them accomplish their quest. The Kings will send their best and most powerful heroes in search of the Relics, within the unexplored Labyrinth filled with mysterious monsters.
A large-scale community poll, carried out in 2006, enabled GOA and EA Mythic to determine the main thrust of development for this expansion. As such, in accordance with the suggestions of fans and new players, many new features were added:
- A new race: the Minotaur. This is the first new race in three years and is accessible to all three Realms with different appearances and features.
- A new class: the Mauler. Introduced by the Minotaur, this class is also available to other races. Its fighting abilities combine elemental earth powers with unique melee techniques.
- The Labyrinth: this huge dungeon is the largest in all of Camelot. Filled with strange mechanical monsters and creatures corrupted by the Minotaur Relics, it offers a full RvR (Realm versus Realm) zone under the Isle of Agramon.
- The Minotaur Relics: 23 heavily defended Minotaur relics lie within the depths of the dungeon, under the Isle of Agramon. There are three types of relics to be found, giving advantages to either their holder, his group, or his allies in the area. However, the holder of the relic becomes visible on the realm map and turns into the perfect target for others in the Frontiers.
- Five extra champion levels: high-level characters can now go from champion level 6 to level 10 in PvE (Player versus Environment)and RvR zones. These levels give access to other class abilities, stat bonuses and objects you could not have otherwise.
- Mythirian Items: A new slot will be created in the inventory for the new magical items players will find in the Labyrinth. However, a minimum Champion level will be required to unlock these item slots.
Title: "Labyrinth of The Minotaur"
Format: PC CD-ROM
Genre: Heroic fantasy MMORPG
Developer: EA Mythic
Release date: February 14th, 2007
Recommended retail price: £13,99/19,99
Labyrinth of the Minotaur is for players of level 45 and higher using the Darkness Rising expansion. The game will be released in a beautiful package including a poster, 6 postcards and an art book. Players pre-ordering the expansion before its release will be offered an exclusive pet, the Clockwork Cat, which will follow them throughout their adventures. Prepaid cards will also be available to make it easier for new players to enter the world of Camelot.
Further information will be available on the Dark Age of Camelot official website: www.camelot-europe.com before the release.
About Dark Age of Camelot ®
Dark Age of Camelot is a second generation massively multiplayer role-playing game (MMORPG) in full 3D that enables thousands of internet users to play together through customised characters. True epic sagas, these games are virtual and persistent places of adventure. Their lifespan is infinitely longer than that of classic video games. With more than 450,000 boxes sold, the game has enjoyed continuous success since its release in January 2002. Developed by EA Mythic and published by GOA, France Telecom's game department, the game is localised in French, English, German, Italian and Spanish.
Dark Age of Camelot can only be played online and can be downloaded for free as part of the 14 day trial offer. After this period, a valid subscription is required to continue but you do not need to buy the game. Complete box sets and expansions are available in stores or online.
GOA is the videogame department of France Telecom's "Content Division", and benefits from seven years of experience in the management of massively multiplayer online role-playing games. The forerunner of this activity in Europe, its teams reconcile expertise with a passion for games and take advantage of France Telecom's technical platform to offer the best of online games to European players.