September 11, 2008 (Toronto) – Interactive Ontario today announced that David Edery will be the keynote speaker at GameON: Finance, taking place October 28th and 29th in Toronto. Mr. Edery is the “Worldwide Games Portfolio Planner” for Xbox Live Arcade, a research affiliate of the MIT Comparative Media Studies Program (CMS), and author of the upcoming book “Changing the Game: How Video Games are Transforming the Business World.”
GameON: Finance is an investment summit designed to bring investors and video game developers together to explore financing possibilities for the Canadian games industry. Registration is now live for GameON: Finance and information on Early Bird prices, as well as special discounts for start-up companies, is available at www.gameonfinance.com.
Who attends GameON: Finance?
• Canadian and international games companies
• Management consultants for the games industry
• Public bodies engaged in production, R&D, and other financing
• Financial services companies
• Media and entertainment companies looking for new opportunities
• Private equity investors
• Publishers and distributors
• Tax credit experts, law firms with media practices and investment services
• Economic development officers interested in developing knowledge economy jobs for their jurisdictions
Event attendees will receive access to special features including case studies, business discussions, examples of successful corporate models, project financing ideas and one-on-one meetings between developers and financers.
For more information:
Communications & PR Manager
416 516 0077 x224