GameON: Finance 2.0
A speaker line-up for next week's Toronto shindig.
October 23, 2008 (Toronto) – Industry leaders will take the stage at GameON: Finance 2.0 and the Ontario Game Summit on October 28th and 29th in Toronto.
• David Edery, Worldwide Games Portfolio Planner, XBLA, Microsoft and author of Changing the Game: How Video Games are Transforming the Business World
• Jason Della Rocca, Executive Director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA)
• Tom Sweeney, Co-Founder Garage Technology Ventures Canada
• Shiraz Akmal, Managing Director, GCube Ventures
• Warren Currell, President, Sherpa Games
• Sean Kauppinen, Founder & CEO, International Digital Entertainment Agency
• Marc Jackson, Managing Partner, Video Game Finance
Full bios can be found at http://www.gameonfinance.com/content/view/243/119/
GameON: Finance 2.0 is an investment forum for the interactive games industry which will connect game developers, innovators, investors and industry leaders. Over the course of a day in downtown Toronto, case-studies and panel sessions will provide insight on the diverse prospects for growth within the dynamic economic, creative and technological landscape of games.
The Ontario Game Summit - Ontario is positioned to become a leading global player in the rapidly growing digital game industry. The Ontario Game Summit will bring together Ontario’s digital game stakeholders – industry leaders, training institutions, public sector agencies and policy makers – to discuss emerging opportunities, strategies, industry growth, and Ontario’s place on the world stage.
WHEN: October 28th & 29th 2008
WHERE: 1 King West, Toronto, Ontario
To register for the event: http://www.gameonfinance.com/content/view/222/97/
Press passes: http://www.gameonfinance.com/content/view/228/104/
More information and full event schedules: http://www.gameonfinance.com/
About Interactive Ontario (IO)
IO is a not-for-profit industry trade organization committed to the growth of the Ontario interactive digital content industry. To this end IO is an industry advocate within Ontario and nationally as a founding member of the Canadian Interactive Alliance /Alliance interactive canadienne (CIAIC).
For questions, or to set up interviews with speakers, contact:
416 516 0077 x224