Skip to main content
If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

Gameloft news

20% more till-chinging in the first half of 2009.

Gameloft achieved consolidated sales of €60.1 million for the first half of 2009, up by 20% from the previous year. On a constant exchange rate basis, half-year growth has reached 16%.

In € Millions 2009 2008 Variation 1st Quarter 30.8 25.3 +22% 2nd Quarter 29.3 25.0 +17% 1st Half-year 60.1 50.3 +20% Mobile games activity account for 95% of the company's half-year sales. The remaining 5% represent console games. The mobile games activity continues to grow rapidly. Revenue from mobile games increased 20% over the first six months of the year thanks to the success of Gameloft’s iPhone games on Apple's AppStore, as well as the solid performance of the company’s Java and Brew games.

Europe represents 38% of revenues for the first six months of 2009, North America 33% and the rest of the world 28%. The strongest growth took place in North America, up 39% over the period. In 2008, Europe, North America and the rest of the world represented respectively 43%, 30% and 27% of total sales over the full year.

Gameloft continues to grow despite the worldwide economic slowdown:

Gameloft greatly benefits from innovations introduced by traditional handset manufacturers such as Nokia and Samsung, as well as new players in the market such as Apple and RIM Gameloft continues to win over substantial market share in Smartphones and traditional Java and Brew phones Gameloft is one of the very few players in the market that has the resources and know-how allowing it to be present systematically at the launch of all the new consoles with downloadable content (PlayStation Network, Nintendo DSiWare, Nintendo WiiWare, etc.). Therefore, the company expects solid sales and profitability growth in 2009. The group's consolidated half-year results will be published on 31 August 2009 after the market closes.

About Gameloft

Gameloft develops and publishes video games for mobile telephones and consoles worldwide. Gameloft was founded in 1999 is now positioned as one of the most cutting-edge companies in its field. Gameloft designs games for telephones incorporating the Java, Brew and Symbian technologies, for which the number of units should exceed four billion in 2012. Gameloft games are also available on WiiWare, DS, Microsoft Xbox LIVE Arcade, iPod and PCs.

Partnership agreements with major rights holders such as Ubisoft Entertainment, Universal Pictures, ABC, Touchtone Television, Dreamworks Animations SKG, Endemol, 20th Century Fox, Viacom, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., FIFPro, Ferrari, Roland-Garros, Gus Hansen, Kobe Bryant, Derek Jeter, Robinho, Reggie Bush, Chuck Norris, Patrick Vieira, Christophe Dominici and Jonny Wilkinson allow Gameloft to associate its games with very strong international brands. In addition to these brands, Gameloft has its own brands, such as Block Breaker Deluxe, Asphalt: Urban GT and New York Nights.

Thanks to agreements with all of the main telecom operators, telephone manufacturers and specialised distributors, as well as its boutique, Gameloft's games are distributed in 80 countries.

Gameloft has locations in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Montreal, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Paris, London, Koln, Copenhagen, Milan, Madrid, Lisbon, Vienna, Warsaw, Helsinki, Bucharest, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, Peking, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore and Sydney. Gameloft is listed in Compartment B of the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).

Read this next avatar GamesIndustry International is the world's leading games industry website, incorporating and