Platform Upgrade Enables Easier Game Development, Wider Distribution and More Revenue for Developers
New York, NY - November 17, 2005 - Game Trust, the world's leading infrastructure for casual games, today announced the release of Game Frame 4.7, the most powerful platform ever created to fuel growth in the booming casual game sector. Industry experts predict that casual games will top $2 billion by 2008 in the U.S. through new revenue streams and Game Frame 4.7 provides the technology that will enable this growth.
Game Frame Version 4.7 supports community and commerce in casual games, allowing game developers and portals to easily deploy subscription, tournament, and virtual merchandise models. In development since 1999, Game Frame is the emerging infrastructure standard for casual game play.
Version 4.7's simplicity and ease-of-use allow all online publishers to instantly launch their own customized arcade with chat, buddy management, instant messaging, profiles, high-score tracking, and matchmaking lobbies. Last month, Game Trust kicked off its LaunchNow Affiliate Program which will send one lucky publisher to the edge of space on a Russian MIG-25. See www.gametrust.com/LaunchNow.php for details.
Among the industry advancing features powered exclusively by Game Frame 4.7:
- Massively Single Player Games - Every single player game available through Game Frame can be played in a community setting, allowing players to chat, instant message, and interact while playing. Statistics, rating, and other community features are available for all single player games.
- Tournament Enhancements - Game Frame now supports multiple forms of progressive tournaments, including progressive matches with fixed prizes and multiple winners. The game integration APIs display a tournament result within the game itself, and new tournament administration tools allow tournaments to be edited and created on the fly.
- Enhanced Payment System - Game Frame now includes a simple and secure payment application for Credit Cards, PayPal, Neteller that can be easily included in a web page, casual game, or lobby system.
- Self Healing - The new Game Frame Monitoring Center continuously analyzes the health of the various Game Frame component applications and repairs problems in the application automatically to accelerate performance.
- Improved Statistics - Game Frame now publishes a variety of XML feeds, including winner lists and broadcasted news, as flat files to allow for the millions of players on the Game Frame Platform to access the feeds directly.
- Accelerated Performance - Game Frame Version 4.7 includes a number of enhancements and bug fixes, including optimized database queries and indexing that allow for faster player access and game performance.
"Game Frame Version 4.7 advances the state of casual games, bringing bank-grade security, search engine scalability, and professional reliability to the casual game market," said Adeo Ressi, CEO of Game Trust. "Casual games have rocketed to become a billion dollar business in just two years. Our 4.7 platform will unlock the potential of a multi-billion market."
Additional information about Game Frame 4.7 may be found at www.gametrust.com.
About Game Trust
Founded in 2002, Game Trust (www.gametrust.com) is the economic engine of innovation in games with the leading platform for premium game play. The Game Frame platform is the industry standard for deploying community and transactions within online casual games. Licensed by leading distribution outlets worldwide, the platform reaches an audience of tens of millions of gamers each month. Award winning games, such as "Shroomz," are released by leading developers on the platform to reach millions of players with new premium play models. The Company is venture backed with offices in New York and Denmark.
The Morris + King Company