Galaxy on Fire 2
Sci-fi shooter gets iPad version.
- for immediate publication –
Hamburg, Germany, 19 November 2010 – Three weeks after the launch of the iPhone version of Galaxy on Fire 2™ - the sequel to the epic outer space simulation from Fishlabs – the universal update has now been released, making Galaxy on Fire 2 compatible with all iDevices. Galaxy on Fire 2™, which has already won a few awards from the iPhone trade press and is considered as a standard in the sci-fi genre, is thus now finally available to all iPad users. In over ten hours of outer space adventure, players can explore a complete galaxy, with more than 20 solar systems, 100 different 3D space stations, over 30 extensively upgradeable spaceships, as well as countless exciting freelance missions, and a complex trading simulation.
Naturally, extra-high resolution textures have been integrated for the iPad screen and the interface has been adapted. The control elements can be placed anywhere you like, for relaxed gaming sessions - even for longer periods. Thanks to OpenFeint and on-line saved games, scores can be easily transferred from iPhone to iPad.
· Extensive galaxy with over 20 solar systems and 3D animated planets
· 100 unique 3D space stations and over 30 upgradeable 3D spaceships
· Unique reputation and diplomacy system
· Story, mission-based, and open gameplay
· Complex economic system with over 170 trade goods of every kind
· High-quality music composition, voice recording (in English), and 3D sound
· Action Freeze™: 3D screenshot tool for saving screenshots from any angle and uploading them to Facebook
· Game Center and Open Feint integration of leaderboards, achievements, and on-line saved games to share them between all iDevices
· Retina display resolution
· iPad: Adapted interface
· iPad: Extra-high resolution textures
· iPad: Positionable controls
The iPad version of Galaxy on Fire 2™ will be available in the App Store at an introductory price of € 5.49 / $ 6.99 / £ 3.99 for just a few days. As previously announced, the price will then rise to $ 9.99 / € 7.99 / £ 5.99. Additional localisations in French, Italian, Portuguese, and Chinese are already in the works.
FISHLABS is specialized in 3D mobile games development of rich racing and action titles on iPhone, iPad, Nokia, Android smartphones and J2ME (Java). The most successful brands of the game developer based in Hamburg, are award-winning titles like Galaxy on Fire™, DEEP™, Blades & Magic™, Rally Master Pro™, and Snowboard Hero™. FISHLABS is also known for extremely successful ad games on iPhone for clients like Volkswagen and Barclaycard, having dominated the App Store download charts in almost every country for weeks. To date, FISHLABS’ iPhone games generated more than 35 million downloads.
For more information visit www.fishlabs.net.
Media Inquiries swordfish pr GAMES Ilka Töllner / Freyja Melhorn Kaiserstrasse 7 80801 Munich GERMANY Tel: +49 (0)89 – 600 316 41 firstname.lastname@example.org