Frugal Games - Flee
Android driving game inspired by 1980s LCD games.
We are Frugal Games, a tiny development team from Barcelona, Spain, and we're glad to announce our first self-published videogame, for Android devices: Flee
With Flee, besides a frantic driving game, we tried to recreate the feeling of playing and holding in your hand an LCD handheld from the 80s (like the Game&Watch series from Nintendo); but we didn't want to just emulate: we created from scratch a new and original game that added an updated gameplay and contemporary game design. You can read about the game design decisions behind Flee on our blog: http://frugalgames.com
Here's a video of it in action:
- A faithful recreation of vintage handheld technology. It gets dirtier the more you use it. The effect when pressing the screen is also simulated.
- Mode A: control your car across 30 levels (Flee Lite: 12)
- Mode B: you control the obstacles while the car moves on its own! Save the bunnies in 18 devilish levels (Flee Lite: 6)
- Mode A + Mode A Turbo + Mode B + Mode B Turbo = 96 levels (Flee Lite: 36)
- Global scoreboard
- Eclectic 20 songs soundtrack from the public domain and creative commons licensed works (Flee Lite: 8)
- High quality manual inside the game
- Android 1.6 or later
- Screen resolution of 480x320 or bigger. Recommended: 800x480/854x480
The game costs 1€ on the Android Market, and there’s a free, ad-supported ‘Lite’ versión with less levels, less songs and more dirt-prone.