21st December, 2004 - Microsoft Game Studios today announced the launch of ForzaMotorsport.net -the official website of its highly anticipated driving simulator, Forza Motorsport. The site, which went live today, promises to stimulate the appetite of speed-hungry car enthusiasts with a more revealing peek at the Xbox racer that many have craved since its unveiling at the 2004 Electronics Entertainment Expo.
ForzaMotorsport.net will feature:
- Car Builder - an innovative car builder page enabling car enthusiasts to modify the look and performance of six cars - the Acura NSX, Nissan 350z, Audi TT, Silvia, Hyundai Tiburon and Volkswagen Beetle. Fans can apply various high-performance aerodynamic modifications including spoilers, bumpers and side skirts as well as select engine and drivetrain mods. The car builder offers a mere taste of how gamers can transform an ordinary stock car to a speed-drenched racing machine in Forza Motorsport.
- Car Cultures - a page dedicated to the wide-range of cars and car cultures that make up Forza Motorsport. Five unique groups of car cultures are examined - American Muscle, Tuner/Drifter, Super Unlimited, Exotic Modified and European Motors. The page features exclusive in-game footage of each car culture, allowing gamers to compare and contrast each group's cars and the style in which they can be driven.
- Screens - exclusive visuals of 24 of the more than 200 cars included in Forza Motorsport, as well as dozens of other screenshots.
- Tracks - a section devoted to the real-life tracks and realistic environments in Forza Motorsport.
- Music - exclusive music clips from Forza Motorsport's soundtrack.
- Online - a page devoted to Forza Motorsport on Xbox Live, which lists some of the various multiplayer modes of play.
In addition to the worldwide launch of ForzaMotorsport.net, Microsoft Game Studios also announced that the new ship date for Forza Motorsport is now April 2005.
Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for the Xbox® video game system, the Windows® operating system and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to creating innovative and diverse games for Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/games), including such franchises as Age of Empires®, Flight Simulator and Zoo Tycoon®; Xbox (http://www.xbox.com), including such games as FableTM and franchises as Halo®, Project Gotham Racing® and MechAssault®; and MSN® Games (http://www.games.msn.com), the official games channel for the MSN network and home to such hits as "Bejeweled" and "HexicTM."
Xbox (http://www.xbox.com) is the video game system from Microsoft that brings people together for the most exhilarating game and entertainment experiences. Xbox delivers an expansive collection of breakthrough games, powerful hardware and the unified Xbox Live online service. The new tagline, "it's good to play together," captures the spirit of Xbox as the social hub of the new digital entertainment lifestyle. Xbox is now available in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.