Football Manager(TM) 2006 Confirmed For October Release
Football Manager(TM) 2006 PC/Mac To Hit Shelves October 21st, Final Features and Gold Demo Details Announced!
LONDON, UK - September 29th, 2005 - SEGA and Sports Interactive are today proud to announce the new release date for the next instalment in the genre-defining Football Manager series. SI and SEGA are now delighted to confirm that Football Manager 2006 for PC and Mac has today gone into production and is set to hit the streets across Europe* on October 21st, 2005.
Christmas really has come early for FM fans as news of the release date arrives on the same day that SI and SEGA confirm that the Gold Demo is now available for download. By visiting www.sigames.com, fans will be able to download and freely play a half season of the game and at last find out about the raft of improvements that SI have brought in over the summer!
Two versions of the demo will be available for download, catering for all tastes. The "vanilla" demo is a lightweight file for those that don't have quick net connection, including as it does the English and Scottish leagues, with English language only. The "strawberry" demo brings with it 200Meg worth of depth to your gaming pleasure with 8 languages and a massive 16 leagues to try out.
"We can't wait to see the reaction of the Football Manager community to Football Manager 2006, having hit our optimum release date, rather than the previous announced estimated date" commented Miles Jacobson, Managing Director of Sports Interactive. "The team at SI have worked amazingly hard this year to improve on Football Manager 2005 and we are all delighted with the outcome. We all look forward to losing many hours playing the game properly, rather than testing it!"
The new set of features being announced today are the final selection being implemented into this year's game. Football Manager 2006 can now reveal that it boasts a massive 34 NEW ANNOUNCED FEATURES on top of last year's version and offers a whole host of surprises for consumers whilst exploring the FM world. As well as new features, Sports Interactive have in excess of 270,000 players and staff in game with more than 5,000 playable teams in 50 countries leagues.
FINAL FOOTBALL MANAGER 2006 PC/MAC FEATURES:
- FM06 Is Quicker To Set Up! - Creating new games and loading times are now significantly reduced, despite the huge level of detail remaining.
- Tutorial - For those who have found previous SI games a bit daunting they will be happy to know that a huge 30,000-word tutorial has now been implemented. Each screen has it's own tutorial with hyperlinks to any area of the game you need help with.
- Quick Flicks - SI have introduced quick flicks at the top of the screen, this makes browsing easier around the football gaming world.
- Internet Play Improvements - Packet size has been optimised on screens with a large bandwidth requirement in order to improve network play.
- Graphical Attributes - If all these numbers seem too much then why not use bar graphs instead. A quick change in the preferences section means your player's stats will be shown in graphics, rather than numerically.
- New Comparison Screen - Comparing two players has never looked better.
- Fair Play - Manage your team well by reducing your amount of bookings and for those teams in the top flight who play fair, extra places will become available in continental competitions.
- Finance Graphs - In one user-friendly overall analysis, tracking your finances is now much easier with finance graphs.
- Height & Weight - Adding to an already impressive database of player's stats, Sports Interactive have now introduced player's heights and weights for the first time.
- Tactic Change Panel - This is an easier way to edit your whole teams individual tactics rather than having to change each player separately.
- Saved Game Compression - Running out of disk space? Saved game compression makes your saved game...smaller!
- New Match Engine Composition - For the first time dugouts now appear in Football Manager 2006. Not only this but technical areas and a small icon when a player has a minor injury all make your management experience more authentic.
- New skins! - Thanks to Kev Radestock (Chameleon) & Gavin Thomson (Cappuccino) from the Sports Interactive community, we are proud to present the 2006 versions of the their hugely popular skins in the box of Football Manager 2006.
Football Manager 2006 for PC-CDROM and Mac is developed by Sports Interactive and published by SEGA for release October 21st, 2005*. For further information go to www.sigames.com or the completely re-vamped www.footballmanager.net website.
*Release dates for Czech Republic, Poland, China, Japan, South Korea & USA are to be confirmed.
SEGA Europe Ltd. is the European Publishing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Corporation, a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. SEGA Europe's web site is located at www.sega-europe.com
SEGA® is a registered trademark of SEGA Corporation. Football Manager and Sports Interactive are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sports Interactive in the UK or other countries. Championship Manager® is a registered trade mark of Eidos Interactive. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Sports Interactive
Sports Interactive (SI), is the world's leading developer of sports management simulations for home computers. SI's pillar titles cover a range of sports, including football (the Football Manager series), ice hockey (the NHL: Eastside Hockey Manager series) and baseball (Out of the Park Baseball). Founded in 1994 and based in Islington, North London, SI has a full-time staff of 35 and employs the services of more than 1,500 part-time researchers across the globe. The company's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with five of its creations among the UK's Top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. In 2004 SI signed an exclusive five-year agreement with SEGA which will see all games it produces within that period published by the global computer and video games giant. Further information on the company and its games is available from the SI website, www.sigames.com.