FLAT OUT FILLIES ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE TEAM ON HAND AT THE FLAT OUT STOCK CAR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
In addition to wide-ranging marketing activity - including a highly controversial TV advertising campaign - Empire Interactive held a slightly different launch event earlier this month for their eagerly-awaited destruction-derby style driver, Flat Out, inviting over 20 journalists from motoring, lifestyle and specialist magazines to compete at the 2004 Stock Car World Championships held at Wimbledon this October.
Drivers from Official Xbox and PS2 magazines went head to head with daring (foolish?) would-be Evel Knievels from MaxPower, Maxim, Zoo, Toxic, Loaded and SPOnG.com. To 'assist' the drivers, Empire also provided the Flat Out Fillies Roadside Assistance team (see attached pictures - contact email@example.com for high-resolution versions).
Paul Benjamin, Marketing Manager at Empire, commented: "This was certainly a launch event to be remembered. The smart money was on the specialist press - as all those hours put in playing Flat Out must pay off. And we had prepared for pretty much every eventuality - as you'll see from the pictures of the Flat Out Fillies Roadside Assistance team."
Paul's predictions were indeed correct, as winners on the night (well, those who didn't total their cars until the last race) included PC Zone's very own Steve Hill - who finished in glorious style with a 50mph head-on crash into a wall - and James Ashton of Official Xbox Magazine.
Flat Out - features:
- 16 different cars to race, customise and upgrade
- Full car damage modelling which also affects the performance of the car
- Unparalleled realistic scenery and debris damage with fully destructible driving environments with 3000 + items on each track to smash!
- Carefully tuned car physics to give a truly realistic feel to each car
- 45 tracks to master over 5 different environments including the challenge of snow-covered terrain.
- Two-player split screen mode for a AAA racing experience with friends
- Online play for up to eight players (Xbox version to utilise Xbox Live!)
- A whole host of extra fun enhancing mini-games including 'Figure of 8' and 'Demolition Bowl'
FlatOut is coming. Be Ready.
FlatOut will be released for the PlayStation® 2, Xbox, PC CD-ROM for Q3, 2004.
Release: PlayStation® 2, Xbox, PC CD-ROM scheduled for 5th November, 2004
Age Rating: TBC
Developer: Bugbear Entertainment
RRP: £34.99 TBC
For further information, please contact:
PR Manager - Specialist Press
Tel: +44 (0) 1243 671767
Non-Specialist/ Mainstream Press
Tel: +44 (0)845 166 2854