London, UK - 29th June, 2005 - Today Ubisoft announced that Far Cry InstinctsTM will be available exclusively for the Microsoft Xbox®. Far Cry InstinctsTM will ship to retail in September 2005.
In Far Cry Instincts, you are Jack Carver, a man in the wrong place at the wrong time. Outmanned and outgunned by an elite mercenary army, you will adapt and evolve, or else succumb to the most harrowing situation of your life. Every deadly weapon, vehicle, and predator skill you possess must be unleashed to survive the biggest, most complete must-have shooter of 2005. Game features include:
- It's open season in a 100% open environment: Do whatever it takes to exterminate the mercenaries in any situation. Take cover in the undergrowth, set traps, kill by stealth, battle from extreme long range and gun-mounted vehicles and fight in close quarters or through the wilds of the island.
- A real arsenal: Plunder an arsenal of responsive, realistic weapons and vehicles including ATVs, gunboats, hang gliders and much more. Turn the mercenaries' stockpile into the instruments of their own destruction.
- Unleash your predatory skills: Survive the furious and inhospitable wilderness by unveiling your true nature: develop your vision, track the enemy's scent and become faster and stronger.
- F.A.R. AI: Outsmart the mercenaries' complex Full Action Response AI. Snipers, stalkers, scouts, and grenadiers react to your tactics with coordinated strikes from all angles, distances and terrains.
- Create your own shooter's paradise: The battle continues with deep multiplayer and level editor features. Build custom maps in real time, upload them via Live Console Systems and stage ultimate deathmatches against your friends.
® 2005 Crytek/Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Developed by Ubisoft Entertainment under license by Crytek. Far Cry, Far Cry Instincts, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
This press release contains statements that are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about UbiSoft's business based, in part, on assumptions made by its management. These statements are not guarantees of UbiSoft's future performance and involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements due to numerous factors, including, but not limited to, those described above and the following: changes in demand for UbiSoft's products, product mix, the timing of customer orders and deliveries, the impact of competitive products and pricing and difficulties encountered in the integration of acquired businesses. In addition, such statements could be affected by growth rates and market conditions relating to the interactive software industry and general domestic and international economic conditions. Specific information concerning these and other such factors is contained in UbiSoft's current report on Form 8-K as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 21, 2001. A copy of this filing may be obtained by contacting UbiSoft or the SEC. The forward-looking statements contained herein speak only as of the date on which they are made, and UbiSoft does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release.