Landshut/Germany, 27.10.2006. German high-end video gaming and PC accessories developer FANATEC - renowned for his state-of-the-art Speedster ® series steering wheels - releases a brand new gaming mouse, the [FANATEC.heäd$h0t] Controller, all over Europe on October 31st. The all-inclusive package for gamers and modding freaks will be available for 99.99. The [FANATEC.heäd$h0t] Controller comprises the heäd$h0t mouse, the aURa mouse pad and the emul8or drivers and is complemented by an LED-lit cable arch and a USB 2.0 hub.
The heäd$h0t mouse features the latest laser technology providing for smooth and latency-free gaming with resolutions up to 4,000 dpi (2,000 dpi native),
switchable during gameplay.
Especially mixed mode games such as Battlefield TM that count on perfect handling of both your character and vehicles including helis, planes and airships become even more realistic through a joystick emulation feature that renders the heäd$h0t into an analogue 3-axis joystick including 9 buttons and a throttle by a simple mouse click.
Furthermore the mouse is the first in the market featuring size adjustability (patent pending), providing for more comfort for players with larger hands. To reduce friction to a minimum, the heäd$h0t is equipped with a wing for your little finger creating an almost hovercraft-like handling.
With the powerful emul8or software, users can program sophisticated macros very easily during gameplay and map it not only to one of the 6 mouse buttons or the 5-way scroll wheel, but also to any keyboard key of any standard keyboard connected. It makes a user's keyboard programmable and this makes gaming or your daily work a lot more comfortable. The emul8or software automatically saves the macros as editable .txt files and loads it automatically when launching a game.
The plasmaGlyde TM technology used for the aURa mouse pad and the mouse feet in combination with the spiral cable avoids any friction or mechanical resistance that would disturb precise aiming. The mouse and mouse pad are illuminated and are separately adjustable (color and brightness or pulsing frequency) combining both killer looks and functionality.
"The heäd$h0t controller is the result of 3 years of development in close co-operation with some of the best gamers out there," said Thomas Jackermeier, CEO, ENDOR, the brain factory behind FANATEC. "This isn't just a mouse it's a precision gaming tool set to bring gaming to a new level."
[FANATEC.heäd$h0t] Controller feature overview:
- Release: October 31st, 2006
- Recommendend retail price: 99.99
- Latest generation hi-grade precision laser sensor
- Up to 4,000 dpi (2,000 dpi native) resolution; switchable during game play
- Ergonomic size adjustment (patent pending) - to fit any hand comfortably
- 6 buttons plus 5-way scroll wheel
- Non-slip high-injection mold TPR rubber grip
- Joystick emulation - compatible with all racing games, flight simulations etc.
- Universal programming of mouse and ALL standard keyboards
- Unlimited macros executed with correct timing allowing purchase scripts, grenade throw, communication, looping events etc.
- Multiple assignment of all keyboard keys with Alt click or double click etc.
- On-the-fly programming during gameplay
- Automatic creation of profiles for all software applications
- Auto-switching between profiles depending on the active program
- Illuminated cable arch and mouse are separately adjustable: multi-colour, brightness, pulsing frequency
- Advanced gliding technology through combination of low-friction plasmaGlyde TM mouse feet and aURa TM mouse pad
- High-Speed USB 2.0 hub
- Advanced German Gameware TM
please find high-resolution pictures of the heäd$h0t controller here:
www.fanatec.com -> media -> pictures
Vogelsanger Str. 286
fon +49(0)221 53 48 711
fax +49(0)221 53 48 083
Seligenthaler Straße 16a