Paris, France - November 8, 2004 - Nevrax, developer of the groundbreaking massively multiplayer online role-playing game, The Saga of Ryzom, announced today that players worldwide would have the opportunity to try Ryzom for 14 days free, beginning today!
"You have heard Ryzom is different. Perhaps even groundbreaking. Find out for yourself. We invite you to experience Ryzom for free for fourteen days," said David Cohen-Corval, CEO of Nevrax. "Join the thousands of players from around the world online who have already begun to live the Saga!"
You can join the Saga of Ryzom by visiting the Official Site, Fileplanet, or DLX Gamespot, where you can download the game and get an activation code to create a free account (a valid credit card is required to validate your free account.)
If the Saga of Ryzom is not for you, just cancel the trial at any time. If you have found your new home, do nothing and your free account will be converted into a registered account automatically.
As a special holiday promotion, players who purchase the game during their free trial will be charged just $29.99, instead of the retail price of $44.99.
About the Saga of Ryzom
Three generations ago, the proud civilizations of Atys perished in the Great Swarming, when hordes of Kitins swept from the Prime Roots and wrought war and genocide. Now it is time to reclaim your heritage. Join forces with thousands of others, master the arts of sorcery, war, and tradecraft, and re-forge the destiny of your people. The secrets of the past have been lost, but the Saga of Ryzom has just begun.
With an immersive player-driven storyline, a dynamic ecosystem, groundbreaking mass combat mechanics, and lush graphics, The Saga of Ryzom is the answer to the prayers of massively multiplayer gamers seeking a fresh, compelling experience instead of cookie-cutter fantasy settings.
Called "a serious contender in the fantasy-MMOG market," by GameSpy and "the prescription against staid and tired MMORPGs" by Computer Gaming World, and deemed 2004's "Best MMO of E3" by WarCry Network, The Saga of Ryzom launched smoothly into five markets (North America, France, Germany, Scandinavia, and the UK) in September of this year.
In The Saga of Ryzom, you create your own personal character and choose your own quests and adventures to shape your new destiny. Become a great hero with the power to change the future of entire civilizations. The Saga of Ryzom features:
- A Story Line That Matters: Enjoy a wholly original universe fusing science fiction and fantasy where players shape the story and each server charts its own course.
- A Lush, Living Ecosystem: The world of Atys is alive, with a rich and diverse ecology where flora and fauna dynamically interact with each other and the ever-changing environment. Nothing is static in Ryzom.
- Massive Territorial Invasions: Ryzom's RAID Engine delivers excitement on a large scale. Monsters will assault key outposts, dynamically invade territories, and devastate entire regions if left unchecked.
- Epic Battles with Hordes of Monsters: Fight hundreds of creatures at once in pitched battles! Ryzom offers groundbreaking mass combat mechanics that allow combat on a scale never before seen in MMORPGs.
- Flexible Skill-Based Advancement: Develop your character through a skill-based system that grows in detail as you gain experience. Ryzom offers five huge skill trees with thousands of possible choices.
- Customized Skills and Special Attacks: Ryzom's unique Modular Action System lets you create your own custom actions. From a core set of building blocks, make as many spells and special attacks as your imagination will allow.
- Rich Item Creation/Enchantment: Hunt and forage for scarce natural resources to craft complex items from the bottom up, then add enchantments to your equipment to make it vastly more powerful.
- Guilds and Factions: Meet new friends and form your own Guild to compete against other players (PvP) or build strong alliances to face common enemies in mass combat.
About Nevrax SARL
Founded in early 2000, Paris based NEVRAX is an online game and software development company that specializes in MMORPG engine and production tool technologies and products. Utilizing NeL, its open source platform, Nevrax's team of 50+ engineers and designers are nearing the completion of their first MMORPG, a Science Fantasy game entitled, "The Saga of Ryzom". For further information, go to www.nevrax.com.