EVE Online: Cold War Edition
CCP Games Announces a Massive Content Upgrade for EVE Online
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
REYKJAVIK, ICELAND - June 29th, 2005 - CCP Games, an independent developer and publisher of massively multiplayer online games, today announced "EVE Online®: Cold War Edition," a new massive content upgrade to its highly successful and fast growing Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) "EVE Online®: Exodus." The "Cold War Edition" is scheduled to be released the first week of July, and in the tradition of CCP Games, will be provided to subscribers free of charge.
"I expect that players will be pleasantly surprised at how much effect the Cold War Edition will have on gameplay, and how much content they will receive." said Magnus Bergsson, CMO of CCP Games. "The Cold War Edition is an important chapter in the EVE story, and will set the stage for the next expansion coming out later in the year."
With nearly 60,000 active subscribers and close to a 13,000 simultaneous user record in a single shard world, "EVE Online" is the largest single shard massively multiplayer game on the market today.
"Apart from being a major content upgrade to EVE Online, this update also represents our focus on the global market for EVE," says Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP Games. "Not only does it include a totally reengineered new player experience, but the tutorials will be translated to 9 different languages and include improved Unicode support. This will give the players the chance to communicate and create communities based on their own language."
EVE Online®: Cold War Edition will put the fragile peace sustaining the Empire territories at risk, as sovereignties secretly vie for advantage over their foes. Empires will unite to form pacts, old superhighways will be changed... a new world order is forming. Dozens of new passageways into the deep space regions will create unprecedented opportunities for both veteran and new pilots alike.
Some of the features of this upgrade include:
- COSMOS Constellations: A new large scale gameplay element where pilots will have agent encounters in space, new environments to explore, and new technologies to discover.
- Dreadnoughts: The fearsome Dreadnought enters the battlefield equipped with jumpdrives and will have enough firepower to take down player owned structures.
- Outposts: A compact and effective alternative to the current player built stations.
- Freighters: Massive haulers with immense capacity to help players conquer deep space.
- Leadership Overhaul: Enhanced fleet warfare, new skills, and modules will improve players' ability to defend and attack in fleet combat.
- Pirate Factions: Better... Stronger... and likely to reveal their secrets and high value loot.
- Industrial Revolution: Starbases get a major boost and more valuable minerals will be available in low security Empire space.
- Combat Changes: Many changes that will further improve combat in EVE, making combat even more tactical.
- Unicode Chat Input: Chat in any language, for example Asian fonts will be rendered by the EVE font system, along with Cyrillic and Greek.
- New Tech Level 2 technology: Includes missiles launchers, drones and various defensive modules.
The new expansion will be downloadable from the EVE Online web site free of charge. For more information on EVE Online please visit: http://www.eve-online.com.
About CCP Games
CCP Games, a privately held company, is a recognized leader in the creation of challenging and unique massively multiplayer online games that offer gamers a fresh alternative to traditional fantasy games. CCP creates, develops, publishes and distributes its games, and is one of the few MMOG companies that have experienced continued user growth since its start. CCP Games is headquartered in Reykjavík, Iceland.
About EVE Online
EVE Online is the next generation in massively multiplayer online games. Set in a cosmos of astronomical proportions, governed by a hyper capitalistic economy, your aim is to establish yourself as a major mover and shaker; trusted by your friends and respected by your enemies. Your main tools to accomplish this, apart from the whole panoply of sophisticated equipment, space ships and corporations will be your business acumen and social skills, Machiavellian thinking and cunning combat strategies.
CCP Games SAVANT SAYS MEDIA
Magnus Bergsson (CMO) Daniel Manachi
354-511-4986 (323) 428-9565