New York 15th of December 2008 - Paradox Interactive today announced the release of a downloadable patch for Vae Victis – the expansion to the critically acclaimed Grand Strategy game Europa Universalis: Rome. The new patch addresses a variety of issues and will further enhance the expansions offerings.
Access to the patch could not be simpler, with players simply clicking on the ‘check for updates’ button via the game’s menu screen. Once the patch has been downloaded and installed, the player will notice the key features of the patch that includes:
• Civil Wars can no longer go on forever. The side that can hold the capital for six years wins, forcing the rebels to act quickly.
• New interface look, depending on your culture.
• Technology that matters; increased effects of research, and each new level always grants a bonus.
• Rebalanced character loyalty and popularity system. Charisma affects popularity, and ruler popularity affects character loyalty. Watch out for unpopular rulers and heirs...
• More interface improvements, with better tool tips and more messages with logical "Go to" buttons.
• More intrigue at the court; monarchs can have bastards, and the heir apparent has never been more at risk...
Download the patch at: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/downloads
The expansion is set during the golden age of the Roman Republic when the Senate ruled the Empire and is available exclusively via digital download from GamersGate and Direct2Drive with a suggested retail price of $9.99. Vae Victis requires Europa Universalis: Rome to play.
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy stable, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes original titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as the best published titles like Penumbra: Black Plague, Supreme Ruler 2020, and the greatly-anticipated Majesty 2 – The Fantasy Kingdom Sim.
Read more: http://www.paradoxplaza.com