Brighton, England, November 22, 2005: Following hot on the heels of a hugely successful ABC ELECTRONIC traffic audit, Eurogamer Network is proud to announce the latest updates to the community features on Eurogamer.net.
Launched this morning, the new changes give even more depth to the UK's leading videogames publication and greatly increase the level of interactivity available to our readers:
- Reader reviews - Readers are now invited to submit their own reviews via an automated system on every review feature and game homepage. Already proving popular, these reviews are featured on the site homepage and in their own dedicated section.
- Reader votes - Every released game in our database can now be voted on to give readers an opportunity to rate games they have played and see an average reader score, as well as our official review score.
- Game pages - Every game now has a summary page which links to feature content on that game, reader reviews, technical specs, developer and publisher information and a variety of other useful details.
- User profiles - Users can now let the world know much more about themselves and their gaming life by creating a profile, which includes an avatar, gaming aliases for online play and more. Their profile also now links to their published reader reviews.
- Game rentals - Eurogamer has also today announced a partnership with SwapGame to provide a game rental service to our renting games.
In addition to these changes, Eurogamer is also pleased to announce a further long-term partnership with Alienware, manufacturers of the world's leading range of gaming PCs.
Last week's ABC ELECTRONIC Audit showed Eurogamer.net with a monthly unique user readership of 977,349 and page impressions of 6,793,607 for October 2005. This excludes readers of Eurogamer's content on other websites to which it is syndicated.
NOTES TO EDITORS REGARDING EUROGAMER NETWORK LTD.
Founded in 1999 by brothers Rupert and Nick Loman, Brighton-based Eurogamer is the publisher of the UK's most popular games editorial website, Eurogamer.net. The site was recently audited by ABC ELECTRONIC and was read by 977,349 unique users in October 2005. Eurogamer also provides content to a number of other online publications, which are excluded from this audited figure. Eurogamer also publishes the market-leading industry resource, GamesIndustry.biz and the recently launched mobile games industry website, MobileIndustry.biz.