Escape Into Mobile: Gameloft Announces E3 Line-up
A Sneak Peek At The Most Action-Packed and Innovative Cell Phone Games of the Year
NEW YORK - May 9, 2005 - Gameloft, a leading developer and publisher of games for mobile phones, announced its line-up for the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the biggest conference for the interactive entertainment industry. This year's line-up is an eclectic mix of genres that range from sports to action/adventure to casual games. A preview and demo of these games will be available at Gameloft's E3 booth.
"This year's line-up really demonstrates the depth and diversity of our talent," said Michel Guillemot, President, Gameloft. "This will be an opportunity for us to showcase the best in mobile games and provide consumers a glimpse in what's to come for 2005."
The line-up will include the following new 3D games:
- Asphalt: Urban GTTM: Rev your engines for one of the most adrenaline pumping racing games available on mobile. In full 3D, Asphalt: Urban GT is "the most impressive downloadable mobile game we've ever seen in North America" said Gamespot.
- Vijay Singh Pro Golf 2005: Summer is here and it's time to hit the golf course. The 2D version was noted as the best mobile golf game by USA Today; now Vijay Singh is bigger and better in 3D.
- Tom Clancy's Ghost ReconTM: Jungle StormTM: The jungle is no place for amateurs. Get ready for a mission of a lifetime. An exciting first person shooter game, Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm takes you on an adventure.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos TheoryTM: Sam Fisher's enemies are getting closer than ever. This time the situation is more dangerous and stealth moves are required to complete this top secret mission
The 2D previews include:
- War of the Worlds: They are already here ... and you're one of them. War of the Worlds, Steven Spielberg's blockbuster film starring Tom Cruise, is based on the novel written in 1898 by H.G. Wells. The game will be demonstrated behind closed doors.
- King Kong: One of the hottest movies of the year is captured in one of the hottest mobile games of the year. Kong like you've never seen him before. King Kong will be demonstrated behind closed doors.
- 2005 Real Football: Are you ready to play as one of the greats like Vicente, Scholes or Giuly? Take control of one of 32 national teams or one of 16 prestigious football clubs, choose your line-up, link up passes and fire the ball to the back of the opposing team's net!
- Trivia Football: You think you know everything about soccer? Here is a quiz that will challenge your knowledge and test your skills. Includes a penalty shootout!
- Platinum Solitaire: Couple a classic card game with the best mobile game publisher today, and you'll have a unique card game with a Gameloft twist.
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Lockdown: The previous episode, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3, won the "best mobile game of E3" from IGN last year. This Tom Clancy adventure is another guaranteed hit, jam-packed with new thrills and exciting gameplay.
The Gameloft space at E3 will be located at: #2460, West Hall, Los Angeles Convention Center. Visits are arranged by appointment; you are invited to contact us before the show:
Press & financial community: email@example.com
USA clients: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other clients: email@example.com
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones. Established in 1999, it has emerged as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile handsets equipped with Java, Brew or Symbian technology. The total number of mobile handsets with this technology is anticipated to exceed one billion units in 2007.
Partnership agreements with leading licensors and sports personalities such as Ubisoft Entertainment, Universal Pictures, Paramount Studios, Vans, Derek Jeter, Vijay Singh and Geoff Rowley allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Block Breaker Deluxe, Asphalt: Urban GT, New York Nights and Siberian Strike.
Through agreements with major telephone wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft has a distribution network in over 65 countries.
Gameloft has worldwide offices in New York, San Francisco, Montreal, Paris, London, Düsseldorf, Milan, Barcelona, Beijing, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Seoul. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GFT.PA)
For more information visit www.gameloft.com.