Amplitude Studios' Endless Space won the prestigious Golden Cube at the Unity Awards last night, making it the best game created with Unity's ubiquitous engine in the last 12 months.
Endless Space was released in July 2012, just days after the voting for last year's awards closed. The quality of Amplitude Studios' work clearly resonated with the Unity judges, who named it best game ahead of strong competitors like Fireproof Games' The Room and Simogo's Year Walk. It also picked up the Community Choice award.
However, Fireproof and Simogo did not leave empty-handed, winning the Best Gameplay and Best 2D Artistic Experience awards respectively.
The full list of award winners is below:
- Community Choice - Endless Space
- Best Student Project - SmartVCS
- Technical Achievement - Marmoset Skyshop
- Best 3D Artistic Experience - Guns of Icarus Online
- Best 2D Artistic Experience - Year Walk
- Best Gameplay - The Room
- Best VizSim Project - teamLabBody
- Best Non-game Project - Become Iron Man
- Golden Cube - Endless Space
Nominations for the Unite Awards 2014 will open in Spring next year.