For Immediate Release:
Hertfordshire, UK - October 20, 2005 - Koei Ltd. today announced plans to publish Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper for the PC in Europe. The Dynasty Warriors series has sold millions worldwide and in doing so built up a huge following. This move onto PC is a first for the series and will see the spectacular massed battles that the Dynasty Warriors games are famed for brought to a whole new audience. The European release of Dynasty Warriors on PC is scheduled for the 9th December.
More information will soon be available at: http://www.koei.co.uk
About Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper on PC
The Dynasty Warriors series made its debut back on the PSone and has since gone from strength to strength with each release. It now appears on PS2, Xbox, GBA, PSP and will soon give PC gamers the chance to indulge in one of the most frenetically action packed gaming experiences on any system.
Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper contains everything that made Dynasty Warriors 4 such a huge hit on PS2.
- Intense tactical action that pits you against hundreds of deadly warriors in epic battles.
- An advanced melee fighting system lets you perform powerful moves and dazzling combos.
- Over 40 playable characters, each with their own unique fighting styles and stories, as well as the ability to create your own officers.
- Elephants, tigers, battering rams, catapults - each battlefield presents a different challenge.
- Over 50 stages across 17 unique maps, all based on historical locales.
- Two-player versus and co-op modes.
- Fierce one-on-one duels between generals.
- A weapon experience system adds RPG elements to the action-packed gameplay.
- Using a multiple scenario system, new victory conditions will emerge and different events will occur as each battle unfolds.
- Based on Luo Guanzhong's novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms."
Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper will also offer players a much more striking visual experience by taking advantage of the PC's higher screen resolution to offer twice as many on screen characters, double the draw distance of previous versions, anti aliasing, texture filtering, dynamic shadows and much improved enemy AI. From the classic Musou Mode to the vast range of special attacks, powerful weapons and lethal bodyguards, PC gamers will be getting the definitive Dynasty Warriors package.
Commenting on the release of Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper for PC, David Hope, General Manager of KOEI Ltd said "We are delighted to be able to bring the Dynasty Warriors experience to a whole new audience and we look forward to them enjoying Dynasty Warriors just as much as the legions of fans already out there."
About Koei Ltd.
KOEI Ltd is a subsidiary of Japanese company KOEI Co., Ltd and has had offices in Hertfordshire, UK since 2003. KOEI maintains operations in Japan, the US, UK, Canada, China, Korea, France, Taiwan, Singapore, and Lithuania. KOEI employs over 900 people worldwide with sales exceeding $250 million. The company constantly seeks to achieve a fine balance between entertainment, technology, art and education and provides games that will mesmerize gamers globally.
The KOEI logo is a registered trademark of KOEI Co., Ltd. ®2005, KOEI Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. "PlayStation" and the "PS" family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
For more information:
PR & Marketing Manager
Phone: 0044 (0)1462 476130