The Japanese software chart has a new number one this week, as Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King arrives on 3DS. The game was first released on November 27, 2004 on PlayStation 2.
There were five new entries in the top ten this week, and Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad passed 1.4 million sales.
- [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - 584,716 (New entry)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - 48,978 (Lifetime sales - 959,049)
- [3DS] Yo-kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad - 48,868 (1,400,802)
- [PS4] Dragon's Dogma Online Limited Edition - 29,316 (New entry)
- [Wii U] Splatoon - 23,403 (607,670)
- [PS4] Until Dawn - 17,472 (New entry)
- [PS3] TV Anime The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls G4U! Pack Vol. 4 - 15,496 (New entry)
- [3DS] Famicom Remix: Best Choice - 14,079 (New entry) [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ - 13,716 (445,991)
- [3DS] Super Robot Wars BX - 13,423 (111,789)
In hardware the New 3DS XL got a boost from Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King's success, seeing 18,500 more sales this week.
- New 3DS XL - 38,498 (Last week - 19,960)
- PlayStation 4 - 18,539 (14,495)
- PlayStation Vita - 12,125 (11,605)
- Wii U - 11,781 (11,302)
- New 3DS - 7,089 (5,967)
- PlayStation 3 - 2,571 (2,549)
- 3DS - 2,216 (1,557)
- 3DS XL - 1,116 (795)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 567 (554)
- Xbox One - 168 (160)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.