New York, USA (March 31st 2006) - Paradox Interactive, a leading publisher and developer of critically acclaimed strategy titles, announced today that the latest addition to their award-winning strategy portfolio, Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday, has gone gold.
"Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday is our answer to the call from a demanding Hearts of Iron 2 audience" says Fredrik W. Lindgren, Director of Publishing at Paradox Interactive. "Not only does this game include cool new features, scenarios and a great scenario editor; we have also included quality content to the box that makes the USD/EUR 19.99 price point a no-brainer to all strategy gamers."
Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday will be available worldwide starting next week. The international shipping dates are April 4 for North America and April 7 for most other markets.
Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday includes the following features:
- World War II scenario with an alternative historical outcome.
- Extended time line until 1953 with historical scenarios including the Israeli conflict.
- Complete scenario editor.
- Expanded tech trees allowing players to develop tactical nukes and other types of nuclear warfare as well as helicopter squads, escort carriers etc.
- Enhanced Brigade Attachment system increases the player's tactical opportunities.
- Significantly improved AI.
- Tradable Weapons - equip your allies with the latest technological advances or get other nations to surrender their secrets.
About Paradox Interactive
Paradox Interactive has been a leading publisher and developer of strategy games for the PC platform since 1999. Well-known for their strategy titles, the company's distribution network and followers span the globe. Paradox's experienced team has completed more than 17 titles, including such best-selling games as the Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron franchises. Published titles in North America include Knights of Honor, as well as upcoming titles Rush for Berlin and Heart of Empire: Rome. Worldwide titles to be published in 2006 include Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday and Take Command: 2nd Manassas. The company is currently working on Europa Universalis III, its biggest production yet.