D.I.R.T - Urban Chick To Rock E³
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BASINGSTOKE, England (May 11th, 2005) - KOCH Media's games division, DEEP SILVER are excited to announce the exclusive first showing of the upcoming 3rd person shooter D.I.R.T (working title), at E³ 2005 (stand 724, South hall). Developed by NU GENERATION GAMES LTD, D.I.R.T is a 3D thriller, set in a world of international conspiracy and terror. Releasing Q4 2005, D.I.R.T will be available on PC CDROM and SONY PLAYSTATION 2®, exclusively published and distributed by DEEP SILVER.
A trip into the Nevada desert takes a turn for the worse when the player stumbles across a military black operation testing a new viral weapon, Project G.I. Ants. Designed to create battlefield infantry by mutating commonly found insects and parasites, the test goes horribly wrong and the lives of 8 friends and a desert community are altered, irrevocably.
Waking up in what appears to be a New York jail, an urban girl in her late teens must remember what happened and fight to save her friends from the madness. But everything is not as it seems...
Introducing the new kick ass, urban rock chick D.I.R.T, this is one girl that will not lie down easily. Develop D.I.R.T's fighting technique from a range of special moves, a resulting factor from the virus reacting within her body. Use these on their own or combine them with traditional blasting techniques to produce a wild emergent game play style and innovative new combos. Fight a vast array of mutated abominations across 14 action packed levels, as well as settling the score with the black operations marines and their arsenal of weapons.
NU GENERATION have introduced the new RPG Lite "Play as you want" system which applies 'Style Points' to the action genre by allowing the player to choose the way they want to play each level of the game.
- Hardcore action meets RPG featuring NU GENERATION'S RPG Lite technology to produce an unobtrusive, straight forward and ultimately rewarding character enhancement system.
- Over 10 special offensive and defensive moves to choose. Use these on their own or combine them with traditional blasting to produce wild new emergent game play styles and innovative new combos.
- Traditional blasting fans will not be disappointed either, with close to 20 traditional weapons from 9mms to S.M.G to R.P.G to Rail Gun, Pheromone gun and Graviton beam.
- Fast and flexible movement system tailored for combat game play. The game features compact and dynamic dodge moves as well as traditional jump and double jump.
- Interact and save the NPCs in the game world with compelling risk Vs reward stakes to earn extra information and abilities.
- Rigid body dynamics, rag doll and vehicles are all accounted for in the realistic physics engine that drives the "D.I.R.T" game world.
- Fight a vast array of mutated abominations, as well as Black Op Marines and their arsenal of weapons.
- ENDS -
For all UK press enquires relating to DIRT, please contact:
HEAD OF PR
+44 (0) 8700 276 530
+44 (0) 8700 276 535
ABOUT NU GENERATION GAMES:
Founded in 2002 NU GENERATION GAMES was formed out of a group of established middle England companies. Bringing with them a great pool of talent and gaming knowledge their philosophy is to create original franchises, built using core game play mechanics, across all popular gaming platforms. For more information please visit www.nugenerationgames.com
ABOUT DEEP SILVER:
Deep Silver is the recently established games publishing division of KOCH Media. The label launched in 2003 with a policy of recruiting passionate gamers to work closely with International developers and publishers to bring groundbreaking and creative projects to market. Recent launches include the award winning X2: The Threat along with the innovatively quirky; Singles: Flirt up your Life. For further information on DEEP SILVER and their upcoming products, visit www.deepsilver.net