Dice, Playfish, GameStop and Vaizey confirmed for London Games Conference
Bigpoint, Gaikai, Direct2Drive and Capcom also due to chat about industry challenges
This year's London Games Conference has unveiled its list of speakers, attracting a number of major players from across the industry's increasingly broad spectrum.
Confirmed so far are:
- Heiko Hubertz, founder and CEO, Bigpoint
- Shuji Utsumi, CEO, Q Entertainment
- Ben Cousins, executive Producer, EA Dice
- Kristian Segerstrale, CEO, Playfish
- Phil Harrison, co-founder and general partner, London Venture Partners
- Chris Petrovic, senior vice president and general manager, Gamestop Digital Ventures
- Dave Perry, co-founder and CEO, Gaikai
- Ian Chambers, international vice president, Direct2Drive
- David Reeves, chief operating officer, Capcom Europe
- Floris Jan Cuypers, business development director, Spil Games
- Ed Vaizey, Conservative minister for culture, communications and creative industries (closing address)
The speakers will focus on the challenges of the changed games market, as it shifts further towards online models.
The event is part of the wider London Games Festival this Autumn, which also comprises next month's Eurogamer Expo, GamesInvest and the Golden Joystick Awards.
The conference is slated for November 4 at BAFTA HQ in Picadilly. Discounted early registration runs until 23 September, and is available via the London Games Festival site.