BASINGSTOKE, ENGLAND (OCTOBER 17TH 2005) - DEEP SILVER and EGOSOFT are excited to finally announce that X³: REUNION has gone GOLD and will be blasting to players PC's from the 28th October 2005. The sequel to the award-winning PC title X²: The Threat; X³: Reunion is an in-depth space simulation that thrusts players into an epic battle for control of the universe. The latest in graphics technology and a multi-purpose interface allow the player to fight, barter, pirate, police, steal and trade their way to domination. Featuring a real dynamically interactive AI and economic model, NPC pilots will help or hinder players on the way to salvation for the universe.
"In X³: Reunion, the universe has been developed with complete input from the fan community. A multitude of new missions, countless hidden items to find and unlock, NPCs to barter, trade and compete in factory building make for a challenged unparallel in the space simulation genre. The addition of new worlds, alien races and a plot that will keep you playing into long into the early hours, X³ propels space gaming back to the forefront of the gaming world in a way not seen since Elite was first released," said Bernd Lehan, CEO EGOSOFT Studios. "With a unique open-ended style of game play, X³ is everything to all players: an action combat adventure, a trading simulation and a factory-building challenge, the player will think their way through the ultimate challenge in 21st century gaming."
Features for X³: Reunion Include:
- Revolutionary in-house DirectX 9 engine, featuring the latest in graphical technology. Full use of the entire range of pixel shader technology is used to create realistic reflections
- Defeat your enemies through combat or commerce, blockades and building. Compete against traders who learn and improve as the game progresses
- Multi-functional user interface, offering complete user-defined control by mouse, keyboard, game pad or joystick of the unique X universe physics with controlled semi-Newtonian drifting
- Over 200 main game models designed in incredible detail and over 10,000 independent active objects interacting in the same real time environment as the player
- Additional content added post-release, including new missions, models, AI updates and new 3D content
- Vast factories in different sizes and constructs, spanning tens of kilometers in length built by NPCs and player alike
For more information on X³: Reunion, please visit http://www.x3-reunion.com
Published by DEEP SILVER, developed by EGOSOFT and distributed exclusively by KOCH MEDIA, X³: REUNION is set for launch OCTOBER 28th 2005 on PC-DVD.
For all UK press enquires relating to X³: REUNION, please contact:
HEAD OF PR
+44 8700 276 530
EGOSOFT, founded in 1990, is one of the oldest game development companies from Germany. Its team of industry veterans and dedicated game enthusiasts entered the international stage with the widely acclaimed X-Beyond the Frontier space simulation game in 1999. EGOSOFT is now exclusively dedicated to setting new standards in the space game genre and constantly improves the level of freedom in the X Universe. For more information on EGOSOFT and its products visit http://www.egosoft.com
ABOUT DEEP SILVER:
Deep Silver is the recently established games publishing division of KOCH Media. The label launched in 2003 with a policy of recruiting passionate gamers to work closely with International developers and publishers to bring groundbreaking and creative projects to market. Recent launches include the award winning X2: The Threat along with the innovatively quirky; Singles: Flirt up your Life. For further information on DEEP SILVER and their upcoming products, visit www.deepsilver.net