West Midlands (UK), 28th September 2005: Ascaron Entertainment launches the official website for the upcoming sci-fi blockbuster, Darkstar One.
Fans of science fiction and gripping space action should fly over to www.darkstar-one.com for a plethora of Darkstar One material, including information about the races, ships and planets, as well as background details and game features surrounding the Darkstar One universe.
With new screenshots and regular updates, www.darkstar-one.com is the official online outpost for news, reviews and game information.
- Elaborate story, related by more than fifty minutes of video sequences
- Upgradeable space ship "Darkstar One": The player decides which type of spacecraft he prefers - a fast attack ship with many light weapons or a near-invincible cruiser with heavy weaponry
- Over two hundred different weapons, shields and equipment items
- Rockets, torpedoes and mines feature special tactical uses: mines can tactically fire at opponents or distract approaching missiles
- The "Spell Weapon": the player will have a special weapon at his disposal that will have an area of effect similar to certain spells in role-playing games. This weapon will become increasingly versatile throughout the game and it will increase the tactical potential considerably.
- A vast, simulated universe with numerous, completely different races, space ships and battle tactics.
- Each race features distinctive weapon types with different functions that require different battle tactics. The player will be able to acquire these weapons in order to mount them on the "Darkstar One".
- Special missions, for example in canyons, on the surface of planets or inside of planets
- Freedom of choice: the player may earn his credits in many ways, i.e. fighting, piracy, assignments, smuggling, trading, escorting, transporting, rewards ...
- The player may act as the "good" or the "bad" guy and he will be able to take advantage of political disputes.
Darkstar One delivers a thrilling story, fast-paced action and freedom of choice within a vast and authentic universe, launching on PC in Quarter 1, 2006.
About Ascaron Entertainment
Ascaron Entertainment GmbH is one of the pioneers in the development of computer games. It is also one of the leading developers of computer games in Germany and it has been prominent in the sales charts for more than a decade with titles such as Patrician, ANSTOSS, Vermeer, Port Royale or SACRED. Ascaron is headquartered in Gütersloh and it maintains a development studio in Aachen (Germany) as well as an international department in Birmingham (UK). Currently, Ascaron markets its products in more than 30 countries. In 2004, the overall sales volume including proprietary brand franchises significantly exceeded one million units. For further information about Ascaron Entertainment GmbH, please visit http://www.ascaron.com
Tel: 01954 270599
Fax: 01954 270598