Daigasso! Band Brothers DX has held on to the top software chart position in Japan, selling another 47,000 copies in the process, according to Media Create.
The week ending July 6 was relatively quiet, with just 300,000 units accounting for the entire sales top ten, as PlayStation 3 new entry Initial D Extreme Stage debuted in second place.
Derby Stallion DS was third, followed by Wii Fit - which has now sold over 2.3 million copies in Japan since launch - in fourth and Nanashi no Game in fifth.
Mario Kart Wii took sixth, having broken the 1.5 million barrier in the previous week, with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World in seventh and Super Mario Stadium: Family Baseball in eighth place.
Metal Gear Solid 4 hung on in ninth place, edging slowly towards 600,000 unit sales, while the PlayStation Portable's most popular title of 2008 - Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G - rounded out the top ten.
The list is as follows:
- 1. Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (DS)
- 2. Initial D Extreme Stage (PS3)
- 3. Derby Stallion DS (DS)
- 4. Wii Fit (Wii)
- 5. Nanashi no Game (DS)
- 6. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
- 7. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Wii)
- 8. Super Mario Stadium: Family Baseball (Wii)
- 9. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
- 10. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP)