Cryptic Studios Announces Board Of Advisors
Newly Formed Group to Provide Strategic Counsel for Development House
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LOS GATOS, CA - August 7, 2007 - Cryptic Studios TM , a leading independent developer of massively-multiplayer online games, announced today a newly formed Board of Advisors that will provide strategic counsel to the company as it works to expand its leadership position in the interactive entertainment market.
Cryptic Studios appointed five members to its Board of Advisors, including experts in marketing, technology, and business development. This elite group will direct the development studio in regards to current projects as well as future opportunities.
"We are very fortunate to have such a high-caliber group of industry experts to advise Cryptic Studios as we continue our mission to deliver the best possible online gaming experience," said Michael Lewis, president of Cryptic Studios. "The knowledge and relationships held by this group are extremely beneficial to the continued growth of our studio in the years ahead."
The joining board members are:
- Jeff Braun: A 20-year game industry veteran, Mr. Braun co-founded Maxis with Will Wright. Under Mr. Braun's leadership as Chairman and CEO, Maxis became world famous for its "Sim" branded video games. Maxis went public on the NASDAQ exchange in 1995 before selling to Electronic Arts in 1997. He remained with Electronic Arts as SVP North American Studios until 2000. Mr. Braun is currently involved with a number of private companies in the fields of interactive entertainment, media production/services and community collaboration.
- Kevin Cloud: Mr. Cloud began his career in game development in 1985 as a computer artist for Softdisk. In 1992, he joined id Software to assist on game art as well as packaging and advertising. Kevin is now co-owner, artist, and executive producer for id Software, an independent game developer and technology provider with iconic brands such as Wolfenstein, DOOM, QUAKE, and Enemy Territory.
- David Higley: Mr. Higley served as the Managing Director and the Global Head of Digital Media at UBS Investment Bank, leading the coverage of Interactive Entertainment, Wireless Content, and Media Related Technologies. Mr. Higley successfully built a team of leading global franchise managers, with clients throughout Europe, Asia, and the US. Mr. Higley has nearly $20 billion of transaction experience and has worked with virtually every leading Digital Media company during his career. Prior to investment banking, Mr. Higley was an attorney at the law firm now known as Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner.
- Ed Roffman: Mr. Roffman held several key financial positions at Activision from 1979 to 1987 and from 1989 to 1991, including Controller, Vice President of Finance, and CFO, and was a key contributor to Activision's successful 1983 IPO. After Activision, Mr. Roffman served as CFO and COO of Palladium Interactive, a PC gaming company, where he was instrumental in the company's sale to The Learning Company. He has also held CFO positions for several business software companies including Forte Software (sold to Sun Microsystems) and Illustra Information Technologies (sold to Informics).
- Strategic Marketing Partners: Strategic Marketing Partners, Inc. (SMP), is the largest independent PC and video games sales force in North America. For the past 15 years, its clients have represented the highest quality software and video game publishers and accessory manufacturers to all North American resellers and distributors. Its current list of clients includes LucasArts Entertainment Co., Sony Online Entertainment Inc., Palo Alto Software, DeLorme, Disney Interactive Studios, Sega, Square Enix, and Sony Media Software.
For more information on Cryptic Studios and their product line, please visit www.crypticstudios.com.
About Cryptic Studios:
Cryptic is currently partnered with Microsoft Game Studios to bring "Marvel TM Universe Online" to both Xbox 360 TM and Windows Vista TM . The company is also dedicated to supporting their hit flagship titles, "City of Heroes ® " and "City of Villains TM ," with partner NCsoft.
Founded in 2000 and based in Los Gatos, CA, Cryptic Studios is the leading independent developer of massively-multiplayer online games. The company has a track record for creating critically-acclaimed and highly-entertaining games that appeal to wide audiences. Its first two titles, "City of Heroes" and "City of Villains," are both award-winning titles that represent the company's commitment to delivering high-quality, immersive entertainment to the market.
Marvel is a trademark of Marvel Characters, Inc. City of Heroes, City of Villains, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cryptic Studios, Inc. and NCsoft Corporation. Cryptic Studios is a trademark of Cryptic Studios, Inc.
408.339-1969 ext. 135