June 21st 2005: Cricinfo.com, the world's leading cricket website, has teamed up with CAT Games to launch a brand-new, multi-player simulation game called Cricinfo CricketManager.
Cricinfo CricketManager (www.cricketmanager.co.uk) is funny, cartoon-style game in which thousands of fans manage their own virtual cricket teams in daily games against competitors worldwide. The players in the game are all fictional and can be named after friends, family or whoever fans choose.
A manager can improve his team through various training methods, by morale-boosting activities (every player has his own specific character and preferences) and by enticing new star players from the transfer market.
Team batting and bowling strategies can be set for each game. Choices depend on your team's abilities, opponents' strategies, the state of the weather, wicket and the umpire (some give LBWs and call wides - others don't!). Managers are also in full control of their batting order, bowling attack, fielding positions, coin toss, captaincy and much more...
Cricinfo CricketManager is based on the success of Cat Games' other market-leading games, which have attracted over 2 million managers worldwide - www.sundayleague.com (soccer), www.seniorleaguehockey.com (running on NHL.com) and www.bushleaguebaseball.com (running on MLB.com)
Managers who sign up now at www.cricketmanager.co.uk will receive 1,000 free credits to sign a few new players and start training their team!
Andrew Hall Jeffrey Lee
Cricinfo.com Cat Games
+ 44 207 471 6921 +44 208 376 8805
About CAT Games
- Cat Games is a private limited company based in London, England.
- As well as www.cricketmanager.co.uk, CAT Games other online games include: www.seniorleaguehockey.com, premier online game of the NHL, www.bushleaguebaseball.com (partnered with Major League Baseball) and www.sundayleague.com the world's leading soccer management game.
- SundayLeague has online partnerships with a host of Top Football Clubs, including Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Roma and Chelsea, amongst others.
- SundayLeague has further online partnerships with Major League Soccer, Sky.com, ITV.com Premium TV, Sport4 fun, Talksport
- Sunday League is available in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, Dutch and Korean.
Cricinfo.com is the world's leading cricket website, enjoyed by more than 15 million fans around the world. The site's proven formula of live scores, constantly-updated news stories and authoritative editorial and comment make it the destination of choice for cricket fans worldwide.
Cricinfo was created in 1993 by a group of cricket enthusiasts, and grew rapidly to become one of the web's leading sports sites. The site became part of the Wisden Group in 2003, joining the The Wisden Cricketer magazine and the Wisden Cricketers Almanack.