Newport Beach, CA. - October 4, 2005 - Crave Entertainment, a leading publisher of console videogames, has released images and a movie of poker pro Amir Vahidi, one of top poker stars that will be featured exclusively in the upcoming release, World Championship Poker 2. World Championship Poker 2, is the follow up to one of the best selling titles for the first half of 2005, is slated to ship this fall for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable) system and the Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
About Amir Vahidi
Born in Iran, Vahidi is a Southern California-based tournament professional. Vahidi was ranked first for "tournament player of the year" in 2003 with nine no-limit final table appearances, including a sixth place finish at the WSOP. Vahidi also was named "No-Limit Texas Hold'em" Player of the Year as well as "Best All Around" at the Poker Finals at Foxwoods in 2001.
About World Championship Poker 2
Developed by Point of View, World Championship Poker 2 features a much more detailed one player game, where you now have to work your way up the ranks, starting in your mom's basement. Once you start winning and accumulating money, you can spend your winnings on increasingly better pads, and furnishings. Hit a losing streak, and you may have to hock your stuff to stay in the game. Other features of WCP2 include:
- 14 types of poker, including Texas Hold'em, Five Card Draw, Seven Card Stud and Pineapple
- Different levels of simulation - "Real Deal" for the more experienced card shark and "Power Play" for the casual players
- Active tell and bluff systems.
- Third-person "TV" mode (including the popular in-bumper "card cam") or first-person mode to watch human and computer opponents more closely for signs of tells and bluffs
- RPG-like upgradeable skill system
- Play with the pros - in game character likenesses, as well as play styles and iconic signature personality traits of some of the world's top poker players including: Howard Ledrerer, Annie Duke, Greg Raymer, Robert Williamson, Matt Savage, Amir Vahedi, Clonie Gowen, and Paul Darden.
- Detailed character customization feature - really put yourself in the game
- More attitude - truly colorful color commentary including player controlled taunts, bluffs and tells
- Poker tutorials, as well as hints and tips on strategy
- Dynamic one player game - upgrade your pad and host online tournaments. Hock your stuff if you're desperate for funds for the next tournament
- Compatible for online play with World Championship Poker 2 PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable) system users with PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.
Exclusive to the PlayStation 2 version of World Championship Poker 2 is support for the EyeToyTM USB Camera (for PlayStation®2), which allows online opponents to see each other as they play, in addition to supporting text chat. The Xbox version of the game supports Xbox Live® online game service including Scoreboards, Voice/Chat and Live Aware.
About Crave Entertainment
Based in Los Angeles, California, Crave Entertainment is a privately held publisher of videogame entertainment products. Crave produces games for the major console platforms including Game Boy® Advance, Nintendo GameCubeTM, the PlayStation® game console, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSPTM (PlayStation®Portable) system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, and for the PC. For more information about Crave Entertainment, please visit http://www.cravegames.com.
Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.