Complete FINAL FANTASY XI series on Xbox 360 Out this week
LONDON, April 20, 2006 - Square Enix Ltd.,
the publisher of Square Enix® entertainment products in
Europe and other PAL territories, announced today the
European release of FINAL FANTASY® XI the Massively
Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) for Xbox
360 video game and entertainment system.
Service is now live for FINAL FANTASY XI on Xbox 360 and the all-new expansion pack, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, in Europe, North America and Japan. This is the first ever simultaneous service launch for the title and the World's first Triple-cross-platform, Triple-Region MMO.
FINAL FANTASY XI for Xbox 360 is the first ever MMORPG for Microsoft's Xbox 360, and includes the original Final Fantasy XI game and three additional expansion packs - Rise of the Zilart®, Chain of Promathia and the latest expansion pack release, Treasures of Aht Urhgan - also released today for Windows®.
FINAL FANTASY XI players from all over the world can unite in one gaming universe alongside Xbox 360 gamers for the first time ever, in a community of more than 500,000 players, and 1.7 million characters.
FINAL FANTASY XI is the first MMORPG capable of simultaneous multiplayer action across three different platforms, allowing players worldwide to combine forces on Windows, PlayStation®2 (U.S. and Japan only) and now Xbox 360.
Treasures of Aht Urhgan
- Traverse treacherous mountain peaks, underground volcanoes and sweeping lush environments en route to discovering the mysteries surrounding this completely new area of Vana'diel®
- Experience the land of Aht Urhgan through the eyes of the all-new Blue Mage, Corsair and Puppetmaster jobs
- Take up arms and fight alongside fellow players and NPCs in the all-new Besieged element - fight valiantly in an all-out battle to save Al Zahbi from ruin
- Form an elite party and infiltrate enemy territory in Assault, a new feature where players must depend upon one another for survival
- High level foes such as Cerberus, Trolls and the Undead will test the mettle of veteran and advanced players
FINAL FANTASY XI for Xbox 360
- The first cross-platform MMO continues to break new ground with triple-platform integration - play alongside gamers on the PlayStation 2 and Windows versions for seamless cross-platform gameplay
- Xbox Live® Gold subscription not required. Players with Xbox Live Silver accounts have full access to the game world and additional updates and content
- Experience the world of Vana'diel like never before through crystal clear high-definition video on Xbox 360
- Open-ended game world gives players the ability to create multi-job adventurers who develop and grow based on playing style
- Join a community of more than 500,000 players and 1.7 million characters from around the world and on several different platforms
FINAL FANTASY XI subscribers will receive their first 30 days of access without charge. Aside from Internet service provider access charges, the free trial period will begin on the date players create their first "Content ID" or character. Any additional Content IDs purchased are also available without charge until the end of the free trial period. After 30 days, players can continue to play FINAL FANTASY XI by paying a monthly fee of 12.95 or £8.99 for one FINAL FANTASY XI characters, and can create up to 15 additional characters for an additional charge of 1.00 or £0.70 per characters, per month. Payment for monthly access charges must be made by credit or debit card only (restrictions apply).
Requirements for Xbox 360 version are as listed: Xbox Live Silver subscription, Broadband connection (Xbox 360 does not support 56K connection) and Xbox 360 Hard Drive.
For updates and information on FINAL FANTASY XI please visit: http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/index.shtml.
About Square Enix
Headquartered in Tokyo, Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix) develops, publishes and distributes entertainment contents including interactive entertainment software and publications in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises - FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 65 million units worldwide and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 40 million units worldwide - under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com .
About Square Enix Ltd.
Located in London, Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com .
CHAINS OF PROMATHIA, DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, PLAYONLINE, RISE OF THE ZILART, SQUARE ENIX, TREASURES OF AHT URHGAN and VANA'DIEL are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. in Japan and/or other countries. Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Public Relations Manager
Square Enix Ltd
+44 (0) 20 7291 5123