Operation Flashpoint: Elite, the much-anticipated military combat simulator, has gone gold and will launch October 28th* exclusively for Xbox, Codemasters announced today.
Developed by Bohemia Interactive Studio and specifically adapted for Xbox from the PC original, Operation Flashpoint: Elite lets gamers experience this multiple award-winning military simulator.
With the Cold War conflict, between the NATO coalition forces and a renegade Soviet Red army faction initiated, prepare to join U.S. forces to make your mark in the most realistic modern warfare simulation on any console.
Operation Flashpoint: Elite transports players to 1985, in the midst of the Cold War, where Gorbachev has just been elected to power. It is up to the player to dictate how the U.S. forces will tackle the Soviet faction. With two riveting military campaigns plus 15 solo missions over 4 sprawling 100+ km2 battle zones, the options for gameplay are endless.
Adapted and improved from the PC original, Operation Flashpoint: Elite allows players to think, act and move, as troops would in a similar real life operation. For the first time in a military simulator, players will be given the chance to take control and command their soldiers, and more than 40 authentic land, sea and air vehicles, bringing freedom to one's gameplay like never before. With 30 plus authentic weapons, complete with true-to-life models and physics, prepare to experience war on a whole new level.
An additional 15-mission campaign, named 'Resistance', can also be unlocked in the game. Be thrown into the role of local resistance leader Viktor Troska, as the storyline prequels that of the main Cold War campaign.
Additionally, you can take on opponents for real with over 50 missions, including co-op and team-based, over Xbox Live. Step up to the front line with game movies and more online at www.codemasters.co.uk/flashpointxbox
- The No. 1 PC military combat game comes to Xbox.
- Fly or drive more than 40, armored air and ground based military vehicles including the UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter, A-10 Thunderbolt Jet, M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank and SCUD Launcher.
- Fight using any of 30+ authentic weapons.
- Two enthralling campaigns plus 15 solo missions over four sprawling 100+ km2 battle zones.
- Over 50 missions, including co-op and team based, playable over Xbox Live. Supports up to 14 players over Xbox Live and certain missions allow over 25 players using dedicated host mode.
- Create your own scenarios using the built-in mission editor.
- True-to-life models and physics provide the most realistic combat experience to date in a console game.
- Advanced squad-management system enables players to efficiently issue orders to squad members.
- Real time lighting and weather, including accurate star constellations for navigation.
Note: Operation Flashpoint: Elite will launch November 8th in North America
ABOUT BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE
Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development company, with studios in Czech Republic and Australia, founded in 1999, that focuses on developing state of the art computer entertainment software and the research of advanced real time 3D graphics, artificial intelligence and physical simulation technologies for real-time interactive environments. The company's debut release, Operation Flashpoint for personal computers, has won universal acclaim for its realism of simulating military conflict situations, even to the extent where the game's technology has been adapted for real soldiers to use as a special combat training application Virtual Battlespace that's used by various military organizations worldwide. Company has been awarded Best PC Game Developer of the year 2001 Award and Rookie Studio of the Year Award at GDC 2002. For more information about the company visit www.bohemiainteractive.com