Macclesfield, UK., – February 25, 2011 – Leading independent games publisher Chillingo, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced nine brand new titles that will be coming soon to the Apple App Store SM. The company will provide hands-on demos at the Game Developers Conference taking place February 28-March 4 in San Francisco.
“Chillingo constantly seeks partnerships with great indie developers who are pushing the threshold of mobile games with pioneering concepts,” explains Chris Byatte, Co-General Manager of Chillingo. “We have built a solid reputation of polishing these unique gems to perfection and successfully introducing them to consumers worldwide.”
“Since joining EA last fall, we have signed several great new titles that will be revealed in the coming months,” adds Joe Wee, Co-General Manager of Chillingo. “Our GDC slate features a sampling of the most cutting-edge games that are sure to delight the gamer in all of us.”
The following titles will be previewed at GDC:
· Painkiller Purgatory (MachineWorks NorthWest, LLC) - Fight your way through Hell in this first person shooter based on the hit PC franchise. Blow Hell's demons to bits with a range of devastating weapons.
· Anomaly Warzone Earth (11 Bit Studios) – Make your way through the alien gauntlet in this gorgeous, futuristic strategy that totally puts tower defense principles upside down to form a tower offense game.
· Blobster (Divine Robot) - Flick a cute little blob across incredible levels, squash enemies, collect cool power-ups and save the environment from a ruthless polluting company.
· Quiz Climber (Relentless Software) – Pit your knowledge against your friends in a new social quiz. Answer as many consecutive questions as possible to climb the tree and leapfrog your friends in the leaderboards. Strategize and compete using your lifelines to improve your chance of setting a great score.
· Storm in a Teacup (Cobra Mobile) - Get ready for a wonderful, magical adventure. Take up the mantle of Storm and guide him in his magical teacup through a dreamlike landscape created by the vivid imagination of his older brother, Clouds in this super fun, physics-based platformer.
· Emberwind (TimeTrap)– Help free the city of Grendale from the evil CandleFinger and his gremlin hordes. Sail through the clouds on your ancient snow owl and deploy your cane of justice to save the kingdom from the underworld in this exciting platform game based on the popular PC and Mac games.
· Feed Me Oil (Holy Water Games) - Get the oil from the pipe to the right spot in this ingenious physics based puzzle game. Gorgeous art and mind bending level design makes this a puzzler with mass appeal.
· Color Bandits (Kiai Games) - The colors have been stolen from your world and it's up to you to get them back. Fight your way across grayscale worlds and destroy enemies to bring the bright colors back in this action packed side-scrolling shoot 'em up.
· Carnage (Super Fly Studios) - Speed your car down busy roads without causing a pile up on the highway. Crashes equal points in this visually impressive destruction driving game!
Chillingo’s Co-Founders and Co-General Managers, Joe Wee and Chris Byatte will share more about the company’s third-party publishing efforts for mobile platforms at the EAP Showcase on Tuesday, March 1. Media is invited to RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of these titles will be released in the coming weeks on the App Store at www.itunes.com/appstore/
Get the latest news about Chillingo’s titles by following http://twitter.com/chillingo and http://www.facebook.com/chillingo.
Chillingo is a division of Electronic Arts and publishes innovative games and software for various platforms. Other hit iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad™ titles include: Cut the Rope™, Angry Birds™, Helsing’s Fire, Predators™, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs™, Minigore, iDracula, and Modern Conflict. For more information about Chillingo please visit chillingo.com. About
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS™, EA™, EA Mobile™ and POGO™. In fiscal 2010, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.7 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile and POGO are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Global Head of PR & Communications