FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
South Shields, 14 June 2006 - We are proud to announce the launch of CGEmpire - a new internet community that has been created by several industry veterans to help those interested getting into the game industry, and to support independent game development.
In a world where game development technology and production costs have all but muscled out the amateur community, we aim to resurrect the days when someone could sit in their bedroom and make a game.
CGEmpire offers free and dedicated support from Resident Experts in Art, Code, Music & Design - all industry veterans who offer round the clock support for independent developers, as well as the support of other members of the community. Regular tutorials and articles discussing game development, both written internally and by others in the community, are also hosted.
Dave West, Art Manager at Atomic Planet Entertainment and founder of CGEmpire, comments "At CGEmpire we provide both amateurs and professionals alike with a relaxed and approachable forum, where encouragement and constructive criticism are offered to those who post their work." He adds "People who may find giants such as CGTalk and other sites too intimidating to post on will find CGEmpire a welcoming place to discuss all facets of game development, and receive advice from established industry veterans."
Registered users are also provided with various in-house developed 3D Studio Max plug-ins, such as the infamous Blubber script, completely free for download for registered members. Royalty free textures and models are also available free of charge to registered members.
Future plans include:
- Hosting and advertising for independent game projects.
- E-mail addresses and web space to independent developers.
- Critique service for art portfolios.
- Free game downloads, along with all component art assets, which are developed in-house.
- Interviews and live chats with known industry veterans
discussing their particular field of expertise.
If you feel you have something to offer to help those who've
always dreamed of being a part of making games but never had
that opportunity, or you are an inexperienced artist,
programmer, designer or musician looking for an insight into
the games industry, please take the time to register and help
make CGEmpire a great resource, and to try and bring back the
much missed bedroom coding era where anybody could make their
CGEmpire can be found at: http://www.CGEmpire.com
1. For further information please contact Andy Hodgetts on +44 (0)7968 115812 or visit www.CGEmpire.com
2. CGEmpire was founded by Dave West and other members of staff at Atomic Planet Entertainment. For more information on Atomic Planet, visit www.atomic-planet.com
3. CGEmpire is based in South Shields, Tyne & Wear.