August 23, 2005 -- Cary, NC -- CDV Software Entertainment announced today that they have secured the North American retail rights to Combat Mission 3: Afrika Corps (Special Edition), in development by the team at Battlefront.com. This special retail-only edition includes 65 new scenarios and 15 new operations, guaranteeing gamers hours of exciting game play. Combining unparalleled game depth and ease of use with a true 3D environment, Combat Mission 3: Afrika Korps offers a true combination of turn-based and real-time strategy to experience the best in WWII tactical warfare gaming.
Features of Combat Mission 3: Afrika Korps include:
- Three theaters of war -- Crete, Italy and North Africa
- Historically accurate units representing seven nations, including Germany, Great Britain, the United States and Italy are available in the game
- Meticulously researched vehicle and uniform models, paint schemes and sound effects
- Fully researched and detailed TO&E (Tables of Organization and Equipment) for all seven nations
- All vehicle combat capabilities are modeled on their real-world counterparts, and weapons are rated in abilities including effective range and armor penetration
- Realistic weather and terrain affect combat outcomes
- Units use line-of-sight and audio cues to determine the position of the enemy, while the confusion of battle can cause friendly units to mistakenly be identified as foes
- A mission and map editor for creating custom scenarios
- Optional Historical Rarity of Units ensures players will no longer have to worry that their opponents "cherry picked" their forces
Battlefront.com is an independent, Internet-based publisher and developer of war and strategy games, and one of the world's largest and fastest growing war and strategy gaming fan communities. Battlefront's titles include the award-winning 3D WWII combat simulation series Combat Mission (three successive "Wargame of the Year" awards), the air combat strategy game Down in Flames and the stunning tank simulation T72: Balkans on Fire!. For more information, please visit www.battlefront.com.
CDV Software Entertainment is dedicated to publishing and distributing top-notch war and strategy games worldwide. The publicly traded company, founded and headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, has its North American offices located in New Jersey and North Carolina. As publisher of critically acclaimed titles like Codename: Panzers, Divine Divinity, American Conquest, Sudden Strike, Combat Mission, Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars and the Blitzkrieg series, CDV is Europe's leading publisher of PC strategy titles.
For additional information, please contact:
Ted Brockwood, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503. 231.2410
Mario Kroll, email@example.com, 919.481.1402