Casual Connect Europe 2011
Europe's more informal developers to descend on Hamburg in February.
What: Casual Connect Europe 2011
When: February 8-10, 2011
Where: Congress Center Hamburg
About the show: http://europe.casualconnect.org/
How to register: http://europe.casualconnect.org/registration.html
HAMBURG, Germany – December 22, 2010 – The Casual Games Association, the international trade organization of the casual games industry, today announced that Casual Connect Europe 2011, will take place February 8-10 in Hamburg, Germany.
While 2010 will be remembered as the year that Facebook established itself as a legitimate gaming platform, the future is not beholden to one distribution channel, one business model, or one type of game.
Looking ahead, new hurdles will emerge, but we must continue to innovate, push the creative and technical barriers, and remain focused on our common objective: delivering an entertaining and engaging experience.
Join us 8 - 10 February 2011 along with over 1300 industry professionals in Hamburg for the sixth Casual Connect in Europe to discuss the future and the brutal truths the games industry will face in 2011.
Conference sessions will cover a wide range of subjects including Browser, MMO and Social games, Mobile (iOS and Android), Games for Gamers, Design and Development and Consumer Marketing. Featured speakers and topics include:
- 2011 and Beyond: Heiko Hubertz, Bigpoint
- Times Are 'a Changing: Carsten van Husen, Gameforge 4D
- The Future of Browser Games: Paul Bakaus, Zynga Germany
- Building Games: Half the Equation: Paul LaFontaine, Playdom
- The Flight of Angry Birds: Peter Vesterbacka, Rovio
- HTML 5 for Game Developers: Malte Ubl, Google
- How Show 'n' Tell Can Increase Sales: Julia Lebedeva, Nevosoft
- Developing Cut the Rope: Semyon Voinov, ZeptoLab
- Casual Games Evolution: Tony Leamer, I-Play
- Investing To Your IP: Shockwave/MTV Networks, Playrix, Joju Games
- Casual Games 2.0: The Brutal Truths: George Donovan, Gogii Games
Browser MMO & Social Games Speakers
- Patrick Streppel, gamigo
- Alex Mendelev, GameHouse Canada
- Alisa Chumachenko, Game Insight
- Aki Jarvinen, Digital Chocolate
- Artur Sakalis, Odnoklassniki.ru
- Oscar Diele, SPIL GAMES
- Sabastian Kries, VZNet
- Johannes Kreibohm, Plinga
- Stefan Jansen, INTENIUM
- Jens Begemann, Wooga
- Lloyd Melnick, Playdom
Mobile: iOS & Android Speakers
- Valentin Merzlikin, Alawar
- Michael Schade, FISHLABS
- Anders Evju, Playphone
- Anila Andrade, 99Games Online
- Gabby Dizon, Boomzap Entertainment
Games for Gamers & Development Speakers
- Matthias Hoechsmann, GameDoctors
- Sean Murray, Hello Games
- Arto Koistinen, Dicework Games
- Christopher Kassulke, HandyGames
- Alexander Shen, Mochi Media
- Boris Pfeiffer, Kabam
- Marc Hehmeyer, FISHLABS
- Marcel du Long, Vanguard Games
- Benjamin Joffe, Cmune Ltd
- Anatoly Ropotov, InnoWate
- Sven Claar, Adobe
A full listing of content can be found online: http://europe.casualconnect.org/content.html
Casual Connect Europe 2011 will once again call the Congress Center Hamburg its home for the 3-day conference. Congress Center Hamburg is a state-of-the-art modern facility centrally located next to the train terminal in downtown Hamburg.
About Casual Connect
Launched in 2006, Casual Connect is hosted by the Casual Games Association, bringing together the most talented and knowledgeable experts in the casual gaming field to further the industry with the best learning and networking opportunities for casual games professionals. In addition to Casual Connect Europe 2011, the CGA will host Casual Connect Seattle July 19-21, 2011 and Casual Connect Kyiv October 2011.
About the Casual Games Association
The Casual Games Association is an international trade organization dedicated to promoting casual games and providing educational resources for the game development community. The association hosts annual conferences in Seattle, Kyiv and Western Europe; publishes a trade magazine; and issues research reports on the casual games industry. For more information about the association, visit http://www.casualgamesassociation.org.
# # #
+1 801 663-4006 GMT-8