SAN FRANCISCO – March 3, 2011 – Today Ubisoft announced product details for Call of Juarez®: The Cartel, set to launch Summer 2011. As the third game in the award-winning Call of Juarez series, Call of Juarez: The Cartel is being developed by Techland® for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC.
Call of Juarez: The Cartel keeps the unique themes of the Wild West intact while taking gamers on an action-packed adventure set in present day. As with past Call of Juarez games, Call of Juarez: The Cartel is from inception to execution, a Western shooter. Call of Juarez: The Cartel has a deep and gritty storyline that begins with a fictional drug cartel bombing a U.S. law enforcement agency, devastating the building and killing hundreds of people. The attack is a surprise, leading the U.S. to believe that cartel members had somehow infiltrated federal agencies. In a last-ditch effort, the U.S. puts together a special task force to hunt down and stop the drug cartel.
The task force consists of:
- Kim Evans, a gang-affiliated street kid-turned-FBI agent
- Eddie Guerra, a DEA agent with a chronic gambling habit
- Ben McCall, a brutal LAPD detective and descendant of Ray McCall from the original Call of Juarez
As the task force trio searches for the head of the cartel, they’re confronted with a variety of challenges that take them on a journey from Los Angeles, California, through Arizona and New Mexico to Juarez, Mexico. To complicate things further, Kim, Eddie and Ben each have their own personal challenges and demons to face, which makes for a complex and high-adrenaline gaming experience driven by a rich storyline evident throughout the Call of Juarez franchise.
Key features include:
- Three player online co-op with Kim Evans, Eddie Guerra and Ben McCall
- Gamers can play the entire campaign with each of the three characters; each character has his/her own unique story and ending
- Huge selection of weapons including pistols, machine guns, sniper rifles, anti-air weapons and more
- Wide variety of maps and missions including punitive raids, witness protection, undercover missions, and car chases
Additional information will be revealed soon, including details about multi-player and a twist on the three-player co-op storyline. For more information, to view the trailer, and to pre-order, please visit: www.callofjuarez.com and www.facebook.com/callofjuarez.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has teams in 28 countries and distributes games in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2007–08 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of 928 million euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.