Call Of Duty storms Japanese charts
PS3 version straight to number one, PS4 version at three
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 both entered the Japanese charts this week and secured three of the top five spots between them.
Japanese gamers favoured PlayStation 3 versions of both franchises, with Advanced Warfare securing the top spot and PES 2015 coming in second.
- [PS3] Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - 79,586 (New entry)
- [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 - 71,303 (New entry)
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - 64,060 (New entry)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - 39,502 (Lifetime sales - 2,144,346)
- [3DS] One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X - 35,098 (New entry)
In hardware the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4 saw significant boosts in unit numbers, no doubt tied to this week's new releases. Sony still had to settle for second and third behind the New 3DS XL, which is still the top selling hardware this week.
- New 3DS XL - 38,457 (Last week - 50,619)
- PlayStation Vita - 19,301 (9,874)
- PlayStation 4 - 15,537 (10,078)
- Wii U - 14,002 (4,787)
- New 3DS - 13,373 (15,020)
- 3DS XL - 9,172 (9,083)
- PlayStation 3 - 4,711 (4,666)
- 3DS - 4,199 (4,495)
- Xbox One - 2,245 (513)
- PlayStation Vita TV - 675 (678)
- Xbox 360 - 91 (107)
- PSP - 25 (25)
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.