CAEAA Opens Submissions for Nomination for the 2007 Elans Video Game and Animation Categories
The 2nd Annual Canadian Awards for the Electronic & Animated Arts Calls for Submissions from Video Game and Animation Companies Worldwide
For immediate release
VANCOUVER June 4, 2007 - The 2nd Annual Canadian Awards for the Electronic and Animated Arts (CAEAA) announced their call for submissions today from Video Game and Animation Companies for the 2007 Elans held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on Friday, November 2nd, 2007 at The Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts.
While the Awards are primarily held for the globally-renowned work of Canadian companies, like the Oscars the Elans now have International Categories to include accolade to every participating country around the world. For the Video Gaming industry, the 2007 Elans have two international categories, "Outstanding Innovation in Gaming" (open to all companies including Canada) and "International Game of the Year", while the Animation Companies outside of Canada can submit for nominations in "Best International Feature Length Animated Production" and/or "Best International Animated Production (Television Series)". The Producers also included one for the New Media/Digital Arts students outside of Canada, the "International Student of the Year Award".
The greater part of the high-tech/high-glam evening at the Elans serves to award Canadian talent at the top of the burgeoning Video Game, Animation, and Digital Art Education industries. Given its ambitious setup to award three industries in one evening, the industry panels again chose their categories and criteria for this year's Elans. The categories now open to Canadian Video Game and Animation Companies for the 2007 Elans are as follow:
ELECTRONIC GAME CATEGORIES
1. GAME OF THE YEAR
2. BEST CONSOLE GAME
3. BEST PC GAME
4. BEST NEW VIDEO GAME COMPANY
5. BEST ORIGINAL MUSICAL SCORE
6. BEST CHARACTER
7. BEST ART DIRECTION
8. BEST HANDHELD GAME OF THE YEAR (psp, ds, etc...)
9. BEST GAME DESIGN OF THE YEAR
10. BEST MOBILE/CASUAL/ARCADE GAME OF THE YEAR
11. BEST WRITING FOR A GAME PRODUCTION
12. VIDEO GAME HALL OF FAME
13. OUTSTANDING INNOVATION IN GAMING
1. BEST FEATURE LENGTH ANIMATED PRODUCTION
2. BEST ANIMATED PRODUCTION (Television Series)
3. BEST ANIMATED SHORT SUBJECT
4. BEST DIRECTION in a FEATURE LENGTH ANIMATED PRODUCTION
5. BEST DIRECTION in an ANIMATED TELEVISION SERIES
6. BEST MALE VOICE OVER IN AN ANIMATED FEATURE OR TELEVISION PRODUCTION
7. BEST FEMALE VOICE OVER IN AN ANIMATED FEATURE OR TELEVISION PRODUCTION
8. BEST ORIGINAL MUSICAL SCORE
9. BEST SOUND DESIGN
10. BEST STORYBOARDING
11. BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN OR ART DIRECTION
12. BEST WRITING IN AN ANIMATED PRODUCTION
13. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
All submission details, including those for the International Categories, are listed under "Awards" on the Official 2007 Elans website www.caeaa.com. Submission deadline for these two industries is August 31st
Submissions for Students studying in the Digital Arts opened March 4th and closes July 31st. Their categories previously announced include:
1. STUDENT ANIMATED OR MOTION GRAPHIC PRODUCTION OF THE YEAR
2. STUDENT GAME OF THE YEAR
3. BEST ORIGINAL SOUND DESIGN/MUSICAL SCORE FOR AN ANIMATED PRODUCTION OR GAME
4. BEST Student ART DIRECTION - GAME PRODUCTION
5. BEST STUDENT ART DIRECTION - ANIMATED PRODUCTION
6. BEST STUDENT WRITING FOR AN ANIMATED OR GAME PRODUCTION
7. READY TO ROCKET" AWARD (ANIMATION AND GAMES)
The 2007 Elans will be held on Friday, November 2nd at The Centre in Vancouver for the Performing Arts. The state-of-the-art structure, regarded as the premiere entertainment facility in the city, will host the nearly 2000 worldwide guests and participants of this year's Elans, tripling the attendance of its inaugural year in 2006. The day following the glamorous Awards Night, the CAEAA Producers, along with their Event Partners Ernst & Young, Electronic Arts (EA), Autodesk, N-GAGE by NOKIA and the British Columbia Provincial Government will host a very high-end networking day at their Official Hotelier The Sutton Place Hotel, Vancouver (one of only two AAA Five Diamond Hotels in all of Canada) for the CEOs and Upper Management of companies and institutions from around the world who attended the 2007 Elans.
Other important players already onboard to support the 2007 Elans includes: Foundation 9/Backbone Entertainment, Radical Entertainment, next level games, Studio B Productions, Mercury Filmworks, Action Pants, Atomic Robot Games, Voicebox Productions, Western Imperial Magnetics, David Kaye Productions, Selkirk College, The Art Institute of Vancouver, Emily Carr Institute, Sheridan College, Vancouver Film School, School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SFU), BC Film and Elan statuette artist Dean Lauzé of D'Arts as well as FedEx, Paramount Limousines, Moore's Clothing for Men and the Awards Auditing firm, Buckley Dodds & Assoc.s.
"As the Movie Industry goes to Hollywood for its Oscars, so will the world of Video Gaming and Animation come to Canada for their Elans."
- Holly Carinci, Producer, CAEAA
- end -
For more information on the second year of this high tech/high glam awards event, visit our new website at www.caeaa.com.
Contact: Holly Carinci, Producer dir: 604.921.4744 / cell: 604.218.3993