Empire Interactive announce an October 2005 launch for the ultimate PC videogame, Starship TroopersTM - a ground-breaking, epic bug-blasting first person shooter capturing for the first time the chaos, action and pure adrenaline rush of the definitive blockbuster sci-fi movie.
Can you hold your nerve, as hundreds of oversized, killer chitin-armoured bugs come scurrying over the horizon? In the blink of an eye your compound is surrounded, your ears ringing with machine gun fire and the screams of a comrade impaled on an arachnid's huge steel mandibles. Swarms of Warrior bugs are nerve-jangling enough, but can you manage to take out a 15m high Tanker Bug with your nuke launcher? As an 'Elite Marauder' you are our only hope. As the General said: "It's time to earn your citizenship, trooper!"
Starship TroopersTM the videogame introduces a terrifying assortment of enemy bugs for you to destroy, with an impressive range of weapons at your disposal, from the classic M2 Morita Rifle through to the infamous nuke launcher. Over 300 of your arachnid foe's can be tackled on screen at any given time. This has to be played to be believed! Become totally immersed in immense bug-blasting battles in both famous action-packed scenes from the movie and never-before-experienced settings and stories from the Starship TroopersTMuniverse.
Starship TroopersTM the videogame is the first opportunity to fully experience and expand on the events and storylines developed in Paul Verhoeven's classic movie. The game boasts a whole host of exclusive features including voice-over commentary by Casper van Dien (aka Johnny Rico from the movie) with numerous and varied combat environments - indoor and outdoor levels, wide-open battlefields, a secret laboratory, claustrophobic bug nests, abandoned mines and lonely outposts.
Starship TroopersTM the videogame is a true PC epic - the most cinematic, all-out-action, adrenaline-pumping first-person-shooter to ever hit the PC. A must-buy title for fans of the Starship TroopersTMuniverse and guaranteed to be top of the Christmas lists for PC Gamers and sci-fi fans alike. The First Person Shooter genre just moved up to the next level. Heed your General's battle cry as you run into another swarm of bugs: "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?"
- SWARM Engine allows epic battles featuring 300+ bugs on screen at once, each with its own individual AI, boasting 20 times more action than you will have ever seen before.
- 19 different types of non-humanoid enemy bugs to encounter.
- Licence that covers the whole Starship TroopersTMuniverse. The books, graphic novels, films and TV series are just the beginning.
- Voice-over commentary by Casper van Dien, aka Johnny Rico, now the general who introduces each mission for you.
- 9 weapons, each with dual function attacks. Weapons include the standard Morita rifle (seen in the film) as well as the plasma rifle, shotgun and rocket launcher, plus a variety of new and exciting items such as intelligent grenades and the infamous nuke launcher.
- 12 single player levels including a mix of huge real-time battles on an epic scale and solo 'infiltration' missions.
- Varied Combat Environments - indoor and outdoor levels, including the wide-open battlefields, a secret laboratory, claustrophobic bug nests, abandoned mines and lonely outposts.
- Plus LAN and online modes including death match and co-op mode.
THEY JUST KEEP COMING...! www.starshiptroopersgame.com
Release: PC-CD ROM, 24th October 2005, RRP £35.99
Age Rating: 16+
Recommended: 3.0ghz CPU, 1Gb RAM, GeForce 6800 or Radeon X800 [1024x768 with shadows], DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY, DirectX compatible PCI soundcard.
Minimum: 2.0ghz CPU, 512mb RAM, GeForce FX5900 or Radeon 9800 [800x600 with shadows], DirectX 9.0c, 600mb free hard drive space, Windows XP ONLY.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Empire is a leading UK quoted computer games developer and publisher, specialising in innovative video games with mass-market appeal. The Group is one of the most established in the industry now in its 18th year of business. Its portfolio of titles include Starsky & Hutch, FlatOut, Big Mutha Truckers, Space Invaders 25th Anniversary and the highly anticipated Starship Troopers. The Group's value division, Xplosiv, continues to increase its market share across Europe and has experienced success with its first PS2 titles.
Headquartered in the UK, Empire has offices in the US, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Further information about Empire and its products can be found at: http://www.empireinteractive.com
Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP), a Division of Columbia Tristar Consumer Marketing (CTCM), is based in Los Angeles and handles the merchandising and branding efforts for some of the most recognized properties in film and television.
Columbia Tristar Consumer Marketing is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE). SPE is a division of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in 67 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.