BATTLE OF BRITAIN 2: FIRST SET OF SCREENSHOTS RELEASED!
LONDON, UK (December 23, 2004) - GMX Media and Shockwave Productions have today released screenshots and details of gameplay for the upcoming sequel to the award-winning Rowans Battle of Britain.
First Screenshots of Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory
Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory:
- New DirectX 9 technology
- The "In Cockpit" Experience
- Clickable cockpits for the ultimate flying experience
- Realistic starting procedures via mouse
- Built-in native track-IR support with the latest 6 degrees of freedom support, including moving your head forward, backwards, left, right, up and down
o Lift your head for a more, over-the-nose view
o Lean out the window while taxiing
o Keep your eyes fixed on the target
- The industry's best padlocking system
- The industry's most natural g-force movements
- The Ultimate Dynamic Campaign
- Authentic re-creation of the entire Battle of Britain campaign
- Experience epic battles with hundreds of aircraft in the air
- Thousands of aircraft are tracked and combat ready from their historical airfields. Knocking out enemy airfields hurts the enemy's ability to launch aircraft from those specific airfields.
- Authentic radar and spotting system
o British coastal radar network spots planes, reports data to central command, aircraft readiness is checked at nearby airfields and interceptors are appropriately vectored
o Damaged radar systems create "outages" or "holes" in the defensive screen
o Human spotters exist all over the British countryside, and their ability to spot is affected by weather conditions
- The entire war machine, down to just a single building is modeled
- Be the supreme commander or just be the pilot
- "RealWeather" Technology
- Both historical and dynamic weather conditions exist throughout the theater
- Building storm fronts with towering storm heads
- Real-time, in-flight weather changes
- Realistic weather forecasting
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer piloted airplanes fly with the same performance and flight characteristics the player flies with, for a precise, historically accurate offline experience
- "RealPilot" Artificial Intelligence Technology means enemy aircraft have the same limitations the player has
- Both the player and the enemy can use the clouds for safety and cover
- Study and exploit the enemy's weaknesses with charts included in the printed pilot's manual
- Enemy aircraft have the same characteristics and performance as the player's aircraft, including actual joystick movements
- Realistic Sound
- Authentic engine sounds and behavior, inside and out
- Machineguns, explosions, hits, and flack fill the battlefield
- Negative g stalls, sputtering, engine overheating
- Open the canopy and hear the difference
- Complex engine management including prop-pitch, mixture, and engine temperature
- Unprecedented Visual Effects
- Accurately modeled visual effects create the ultimate battlefield experience
- Authentic bomb blasts in accordance to military test data, including realistic fireball size / duration, shockwaves, and dirt blasts
- Realistic gun-hits on aircraft, ground targets, land, and water
- Towering clouds of black smoke cover the battlefield for the entire flight
- Be a part of hundreds of bombers as countless bombs reign down on targets below
- Immersive, powerful, and historical command and control on the ground and in the air
- Command examples
o "Target bombers"
o "Vector me to nearest airfield"
o "Tower, what is the wind at altitude?"
Worldwide Release Date: February 2005!
About GMX Media
GMX Media is on track to become one of the world's leading publishers and distributors of video games for all consoles (Microsoft®, Nintendo®, Sega® and Sony®), personal computers (PCs), and Macintosh hardware, as well as all available interactive platforms.
Headquartered in the UK with operations or partners in every major territory in the world.
About Shockwave Productions
Shockwave Productions specializes in the development and publication of flight simulations, strategy games, visual effects and sound. The company is a North American based company in Farmington, Connecticut.
Other GMX Titles:
8th Wonder of The World: http://www.gmxmedia.net/8thwonder
Airborne Troops: http://www.gmxmedia.net/airbornetroops/
Alpha Black Zero; Intrepid Protocol: http://www.gmxmedia.net/alphablackzero/
Battle Mages: http://www.gmxmedia.net/bm
Cold War Conflicts: http://www.gmxmedia.net/cwc
Combat Over Europe: http://www.gmxmedia.net/coe
Crown of the North: http://www.gmxmedia.net/cotn
Cycling Manager 3: http://www.gmxmedia.net/cm3
D-Day 1944: http://www.gmxmedia.net/dday/
Deep Sea Tycoon: http://www.gmxmedia.net/deepsea
Euro Club Manager: http://www.gmxmedia.net/ecm
Global Power: http://www.gmxmedia.net/gp
Great Journey: http://www.gmxmedia.net/gj
Journey to the Centre of the Earth: http://www.gmxmedia.net/jce
Martin Mystere: http://www.gmxmedia.net/mm/
Massive Assault: http://www.gmxmedia.net/massiveassault
Moon Tycoon: http://www.gmxmedia.net/moontycoon
Prince of Qin: http://www.gmxmedia.net/poq
Squad Assault: http://www.gmxmedia.net/squadassault
Strategic Command: http://www.gmxmedia.net/sc
The Watchmaker: http://www.gmxmedia.net/watchmaker
Will of Steel : http://www.willofsteel.com