WEBZEN's open beta test begins next month, with the website launching today.
- The official website of Archlord: Arch Battle of the World opens on July 30th.
- The beta test starts in August and to celebrate its opening, WEBZEN will have item giveaway events.
- WEBZEN plans host the first Castle Siege event for MU Online.
(July 30, 2009) WEBZEN Inc. (NASDAQ: WZEN), the developer of popular MMORPG MU Online has announced the beta test rollout plans for Arhlord: Arch Battle of the World. The company has been hosting MU Online and now ready to add Archlord: Arch Battle of the World, which developed by NHN Games into its service portfolio.
WEBZEN will kick-off its product launch by opening the official Archlord website via WEBZEN's games portal at archlord.webzen.com on July 30th for everyone to see the game insights and to download the free game client. Following the commencement of the official website, the company will start the beta test in August, 2009.
According to the official statement, the game client has been made available to include all the latest features. The game items and character stats have been renewed. The boss monsters with various fighting patterns updated resulting the game balance being well brought out so that participants are able to have better game experience playing Archlord.
To celebrate the opening of Archlord, WEBZEN is planning on running many special events to give out free in-game items to the participants.
WEBZEN has also announced that MU Online will have a long awaited the first Castle Siege event on this month. The details of the Castle Siege schedule and entry process will be posted via muonline.webzen.com. Currently, MU Online is running ‘Cool Summer Event' which placing many great premium game items for sale.
"Based on a great accomplishment of MU Online services via WEBZEN, all preparations of Archlord are going smoothly. This Beta Test will be a chance to experience the whole new Archlord", said Chang Keun Kim, the chief executive officer of WEBZEN.
More details on MU Online and Archlord services are available at WEBZEN's official website, www.webzen.com.
About WEBZEN Inc.
Founded in 2000 and based in Seoul, South Korea, WEBZEN Inc. (KOSDAQ and NASDAQ: WZEN) has become a leader in the MMOG market and has developed some of the world's top online game and client/server technologies. WEBZEN is continuing the tradition of MU Online, which boasts more than 56 million registered users, with Soul of the Ultimate Nation: World Edition, Huxley: the Dystopia and an array of exciting game titles slated for release in the world's game market. For more information on the company and its products, please visit WWW.WEBZEN.COM.
1) About WEBZEN.COM Service
WEBZEN.COM is WEBZEN's game portal intended for taking a role of ‘Global Digital Entertainment Leader' with its sole objective of becoming the comprehensive game service portal for all the game players around the world.
- The portal, WWW.WEBZEN.COM opened on April 2009
- Started Global MU open beta test on May 2009
- Started Global MU commercial service on June 2009
- Archlord will start a major public beta test on August 2009
2) About Archlord
- Published in Korea, January 2006 through NHN Inc.
- Published in China, June 2006 through SHANDA
- Published in Europe and North America, October 2006 through CODEMASTERS
- Published in Japan, October 2007 through NHN JAPAN
- Archlord will be launched in South America and South East Asia in August 2009
3) About Global MU Online
- Global MU Online server opened on October 13th, 2003
- The License Agreement signed with K2 Network in 2005 to transfer the global publishing rights.
- Global MU Online starts global service on October 21st, 2009.
- Global MU Online commenced commercial service on October 26th, 2009.