June 19th, 2008
More at www.viswebconvention.com
These key players are all at the forefront of developing the de facto standards for virtual world platforms. They all lend their inside view to the vital debate about the opportunity and direction of virtual worlds and the visual web for the next 6-12 months.
This is a welcome chance to catch up with some of the leading developers who are behind the revolution of interactive digital brands, games and business communications on the emerging immersive Visual Web. Together they will enlighten the audience on the near-term opportunities, risks and rewards for developers, agencies, publishers and corporates; tying in the key but disparate issues right now of widgets & gadgets, virtual worlds, games and social networks.
The current head-count of 10 leading visionaries speaking at the conference includes:
• Dr Mirko Caspar – CMO, Metaversum a leading virtual worlds developer
• Neil Harris – Executive VP, Simultronics developer of the HeroEngine
• Bruce Joy - CEO of virtual worlds platform developer VastPark
• Thomas Bidaux -Development VP virtual world games developer Avaloop
• David Solari - VP Online games publisher Codemasters
• Thor Gunnarsson - VP CCP Games (Eve Online)
• Bernard Horan - Senior Engineer Sun Microsystems (the Wonderland platform)
• Rob Davis - CEO Solaris Media a leading developer of casual virtual world games for broadcasters (e.g. UKTV, BBC)
• Justin Bovington - CEO Rivers Run Red a leading in-world brands and media communications agency
• Ian Hughes – Metaverse Evangelist IBM
The sessions provide delegates with a 6–12 month strategy roadmap based on clear case studies for monetizing the Visual Web and online communities.
----------------------- ENDS ------------------------------------------------
ABOUT APPLY VIRTUAL WORLDS & MOs CONFERENCE
Apply Virtual Worlds & MMOs Conference is a focused event within the Visual Web Convention 9-10th July, London.
ABOUT VISUAL WEB CONVENTION
With 45+ speakers, the Visual Web Convention 9-10th July in London, is the first event to showcase, debate and identify the opportunities for application and monetization of the Visual Web 2.0 and online communities across games, brands, learning, media & communications – with a focus on virtual worlds, MMOs, social networks and serious games.
The sessions provide delegates with a 6–12 month strategy roadmap based on case studies for monetizing the Visual Web and online communities. They: learn about the impact of open API and widgets - discover the roadmap for mobile social networks and interconnectivity - hear how to exploit the current 500m + community members in existing social networks and how to build the next-gen social network to leapfrog Facebook and Bebo.
The Convention, to be held at RIBA, comprises 4 main events each separately bookable, with a focus on:
• Online Games - casual games – Building sustainable communities, opening up Facebook and reaching 500m+ established social networkers.
• Widgets & Gadgets – How this-gen Web, with prolific open APIs and widgets, is driving commerce, building communities and brands - including games and media.
• Virtual worlds & MMOs– New platform for the Web? Life-style games? MMOs? What’s the value, opportunity and roadmap? Who are the key players and what are the right platforms for you to develop new games on?
• Serious games & learning – Appropriate use of Web 2.0, ARGs, virtual worlds and serious games to learning, awareness and policy. In addition, are climate change games a new family-friendly genre for games publishers?
• The Talent Crunch – How to find and then keep key talent in the creative digital industries. The definitive Academic Meets Industry Consultation!
45 + Speakers include:
• Lord David Puttnam
• Eric Winbolt - Head of Digital at EMI Records
• John Nordlinger - Program Manager, Microsoft Research
• Matt Spall - MD, Morpheme Games Studios (part of Eidos)
• Sebastien de Halleux - COO, Play Fish
• Kevin McNulty - President, Coole Immersive
• Matthew Jeffery – Head of Global Talent Brand, Electronic Arts
• Sanjay Mistry - VP, EA University
• Dan Hon - CEO, Six to Start
• Margaret Robertson - Journalist & Consultant
• Gobion Rowlands - CEO, Red Redemption
• Bruce Joy – CEO, Vastpark
• Jo Roach – Commissioning Editor, Channel 4
• Claus Nehmzow - MD, Method Ltd
• Martin Mackain Bremner - Learning Programme Manager, Defence Academy UK
• Prof Alan Hatcher - CEO, Homeland Security Group
• Jason Ryan - iCrossing
• Tom Nixon - Nixon McInnes
• Paul Durrant - Business Director, Abertay University
• Thomas Bidaux - VP, Avaloop
• David Solari - VP Online, Codemasters
• Thor Gunnarsson - VP, CCP Games (Eve Online)
• Sean Dromgoole - CEO, Some Research
• Frank Jennings - Associate Solicitor, DMH Stallard
• Kevin Corti - CEO, PIXELearning
• Paul Miller - CEO, School of Everything
• David MacQueen - Senior Mobile Analyst, Screen Digest
• Dave Taylor - Senior Virtual Worlds Researcher, Imperial College
• Ivan Pope - CEO, Sniperoo
• Dr Pamela M Kato - University Medical Centre, Netherlands, Former Co-founder and CEO, Hopelab
Contact Martine Parry 07788 191252