Five new titles have taken the top positions in the Japanese software sales chart for the week ended November 24, according to data provided by Media Create.
Wii title, Animal Crossing: City Folk, debuted in the top spot. Nintendo's latest title in the series, which makes use of the Wii Speak microphone and channel, sold 305,000 units, followed by the Chrono Trigger remake for the DS in second place with 271,000 units and Gundam vs. Gundam for the PlayStation Portable in third place with 267,000 units.
Square Enix's The Last Remnant for the Xbox 360 hit 101,000 units and debuted at number four, while Sega's Saka DS: Touch and Go landed in fifth place at 72,000 units.
Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe for the DS came in at number six, Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode, also for the DS, came in seventh and Rhythm Tengoku Gold took eighth place.
Closing off the chart was Pokémon Platinum on the DS at nine and the PlayStation 3 title Way of the Samurai 3 at ten.
Japanese software sales chart follows:
- 01. Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)
- 02. Chrono Trigger DS (DS)
- 03. Gundam vs. Gundam (PSP)
- 04. The Last Remnant (Xbox 360)
- 05. Saka DS: Touch and Go (DS)
- 06. Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe (DS)
- 07. Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode (DS)
- 08. Rhythm Tengoku Gold (DS)
- 09. Pokémon Platinum (DS)
- 10. Way of the Samurai 3 (PS3)